Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: NBA Thread

Re: NBA Thread

The league really should do something about the way the Heat have tanked the season. The coach abandon the team to "scout" NCAA players and their best player misses the last few months of the season "injured."

Stern should relegate them to the back of the lottery.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah, the way teams in the NBA "tank" the last quarter--OR EVEN MORE!!--of their season to improve their number of ping pong balls is really obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Yeah, the way teams in the NBA "tank" the last quarter--OR EVEN MORE!!--of their season to improve their number of ping pong balls is really obnoxious.
    Kinda like Cleveland did the year that LeBron was a senior in HS...

C'mon you don't honestly believe that that WASN'T fixed, do ya?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    It's one thing to "tank." Like the Knicks, for instance, playing all of the rookies.

Miami has taken it to a whole new level. The coach leaves and the best player gets an early vacation.

Can you imagine if an NFL team's coach just left the team to go watch college games and their star QB was benched with 6 games left in the season?
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    The league really should do something about the way the Heat have tanked the season. The coach abandon the team to "scout" NCAA players and their best player misses the last few months of the season "injured."

Stern should relegate them to the back of the lottery.
    In Wade's defense... he hasn't truly been 100% all year, so I don't mind them shutting him down. The thing with Riley is very disrespectful to those remaining on the team and the rest of the league though, IMO.

My ideal NBA happenings would be to have the NBA playoffs shortened. Maybe make it 6 teams from each conference making it instead of 8. As it stands, I hate that half the league makes it in. Then I would work on a list of teams to contract(mainly teams that are newer or that don't have much of a history), as having fewer playoff spots would lead to more teams "tanking." Refill the talent depth in the league with a few fewer teams and fewer playoff spots.

I know this will never happen though... especially with Stern talking about expanding the league even further.

Geez. Someone break up the Sixers. Over their first 20 games this season, the Sixers' record was 7-13 and they looked dead in the water. They finished decently in December, but then again appeared ready to purchase tickets to the 2008 NBA Draft Lottery with a 4-up/11-down January.

Since then, they're 18 and 7 to the good side, have been 10-2 in March, and after mid-February they've beaten Orlando, San Antonio, and Denver at home and Phoenix, Detroit, and now Boston (tonight) on the Road.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

I think they need to include the 8th seed in the lottery, and increase the chances of the latter teams getting a top pick. Also increase the lottery selections to the top 6 picks.

This should make borderline playoff teams actually try to make the playoffs instead of just losing out the last few games for a better pick.

Maybe once a team clinches a spot in the playoffs then the games no longer count... just an idea

Have to say looking back on this thread it makes me feel good to be validated. All season long everyone and their brother discarded the Celtics. I can only imagine how redszone would react if the Reds spent the ENTIRE season as the top team and was being written off by all but their loyal fans. Well that is what the Celtics dealt with all season. No bench, no depth, weak support, bad coach, too many minutes for big 3, no experience in play-offs, no this that and the other. Can't win a road game, can't beat Detroit, can't beat the Lakers. ALL season.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. ALL OF YOU!! Reminds me of college football season.

Team Selig especially. WRONG. Kendrick Perkins is a fine NBA center. Leon Powe does belong on an NBA roster and despite his "attitude problems" James Posey has now helped two teams win NBA titles.

NOBODY bought what this team was doing. NOBODY.

Go Celtics. Go SEC!

Well I certainly didn't say the Celts couldn't win it, but I think I was right about Cassell though. I think I said that he and Finley were comparable players when they were both on good teams. I thought that Cassell would play a little better than he did, but he did help the Celtics.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Of course he's a great pick up for Boston, I never said he wasn't. My point was that he won't average more than 8-10 pts a game for the Celtics, not because he can't, but because they won't need more than that out of him. The same with Finley for SA.
    In Game 6 of the Finals Doc Rivers never even called Sam's name. Had the Spurs been playing, Mike Finley would have started for them. That is why the Celtics are champs and it is what I was saying all along, even before they got Sam Cassell. The bench and the supporting players (Rondo) were a lot better than folks realized. TeamSelig was using Brian Scalabrine as a reason the Celtics bench was weak. He spent the entire post season in street clothes. He'd get 20 minutes a night on the mighty Spurs.

Turn Off Ads?