Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

Re: NBA Thread

I think their best bet would be to trade their top players for expirings or shorter deals, and draft picks if at all possible.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I think their best bet would be to trade their top players for expirings or shorter deals, and draft picks if at all possible.
    They'll never win as long as Dolan runs the team. If he goes (or hires a qualified basketball exec and turns over all decision making power to him) and Isiah goes, then the rebuilding can begin.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Yup, I am so rooting against them every game. High lottery pick here we come!!
    I don't want the pick. I want humiliation and an empty MSG so old man Dolan cans his son. The Knicks can get the 1st pick in every draft for the next 100 years, but they'll never win with the current management team. Never.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Channing Frye went 8th in 2005.
    I knew I forgot someone. As I was typing that I kept thinking I thought they had two picks but for the life of me all I could remember was Sweetney.

Scott Layden shot the Knicks and now Isiah is holding a pillow over their heads to finish the job. Of course the biggest denominator is Dolan.

But all these bad moves just run together. Yup, forgot about Frye.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

To resurrect at the All-Star break...

I watched a really entertaining Suns-Warriors shootout on Thursday night. The Warriors at home are tough.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

How crazy is it that there may very well be a team in the West TWELVE freakin' games over .500 and not make the play-offs?????

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    How crazy is it that there may very well be a team in the West TWELVE freakin' games over .500 and not make the play-offs?????
    True. I'd like to see a 16 team nba playoff bracket based on team records, regardless of Conference affiliation for this year only.

This may be why Kobe is putting off surgery,especially with the trading deadline looming, and other teams, such as Denver and Sacramento re-establishing their health. The Lakers could well miss the playoffs entirely if Bryant and Bynam both are forced to miss multiple games.

As weak as the East is, the Cavs can possibly make it back to the finals as currently constructed, so long as everyone is healthy. Several teams are still in the playoff hunt despite the fact that they are at least 10 games under. 500

As of today, 3 teams in the East have won 30+ games.

In the West, on the other hand, 9 teams have won 30+ games.

I really enjoyed watching that SA/BOS game last Sunday. If people think that no one plays defense in the NBA, they need to watch those two teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I was watching First and 10 on ESPN, and they posed a good question. Which do you like better, fan voting, or celebrity judges for the slam dunk contest?

Personally, I like fan voting. I can't stand watching the contest, and the celebrities get it all wrong. It's like the Nate Robinson thing. He shouldn't have won. He took like 20 attempts at one dunk.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I was watching First and 10 on ESPN, and they posed a good question. Which do you like better, fan voting, or celebrity judges for the slam dunk contest?

Personally, I like fan voting. I can't stand watching the contest, and the celebrities get it all wrong. It's like the Nate Robinson thing. He shouldn't have won. He took like 20 attempts at one dunk.
    The only thing I don't like about fan voting is it will probably just end up being fans from the player's team stuffing the ballot box whether they have good dunks or not.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    The only thing I don't like about fan voting is it will probably just end up being fans from the player's team stuffing the ballot box whether they have good dunks or not.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

The real downside is that it turns into a popularity contest. If MJ entered the contest now and just put up a 2 handed dunk that barely cleared the rim he'd win in a landslide.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The real downside is that it turns into a popularity contest. If MJ entered the contest now and just put up a 2 handed dunk that barely cleared the rim he'd win in a landslide.
    True. Maybe that's why the slam dunk contest gets the younger players, so there aren't as many people voting on reputation.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I really enjoyed watching that SA/BOS game last Sunday. If people think that no one plays defense in the NBA, they need to watch those two teams.
    Toward the end, that game was also Prof. Manu Ginobili's perimeter-shooting clinic.
    /r/reds

#1 Lesson of the NBA first half:

You can't stop Leon Powe, you can only hope to contain him.

#2 Lesson
    You can't trade Devan George, you can only hope to release him.

Turn Off Ads?