Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DST - How Many Forgot To Set Their Clocks Back?

DST - How Many Forgot To Set Their Clocks Back?

I did, but being a 3rd shifter my "body clock" is always screwed up come the weekends. So in that case, what's the difference between 3:15 and 4:15 AM? I'm up anyway.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: DST - How Many Forgot To Set Their Clocks Back?

I forgot. Just realized when I turned on the computer.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I did, but being a 3rd shifter my "body clock" is always screwed up come the weekends. So in that case, what's the difference between 3:15 and 4:15 AM? I'm up anyway.
    Yeah same here. It was the difference between watching "International Poker tour" or "Cheaters" All late-late night programming is crap anyway.
    Witty signature.

The only confusion we had was last week trying to remember when the change was happening. My daughter actually called me from college to ask because her roommates TV had changed last weekend - I guess it has a chip that was programmed for the old dates.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Every time change I tell my wife that we have to wait until 2:00am to change the clocks, but don't worry, I'll get up to do that. She falls for it every time...what's that say about how dumb she must think I am?

I just assumed everyone got up at 2:00am and changed their clocks and watches. I don't get the "dumb" comment, traderumor.

I turned on the tv this morning and it had the correct time. I have been relying on that as my only correct clock today, since I'm too lazy to go around the house and reset them.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

At our house, Mrs. U resets all of the easy clocks and I do all of the difficult/obscure ones (phones, computers, thermostats, water softener, etc.). She reset all of "hers" last night. I have only reset a couple of mine.

One of my "difficult" clocks is an analog wall clock that sets itself to a radio time signal. We've had the thing about 10 years and it has always adjusted itself appropriately for time changes... until today. Since it's a drag to reset the thing manually, I'm giving it another day or two to figure out its mistake.
    /r/reds

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Not me.

Have a flight in about 20 mins back to New England from CMH. Can't forget to change clocks for these kind of events.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I forgot. It caused me to miss church for the 1,144th consecutive week.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

No forgetting here, but the "extra" hour of sleep is not worth going to 20 different clocks and resetting them.

Abolish DST.
    Go Gators!

You guys had it easy. Thankfully the computer had the right time.

Three people here and no one could agree who's on first, what's on second let alone decide if it was the right time to change the clocks back. A behavorial scientist would not have been able to figure out what our groups problem was over a simple time change.

Needless to say I am up for adoption if you happen to need another tax deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I forgot. It caused me to miss church for the 1,144th consecutive week.
    LOL. That only works in the Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    The only confusion we had was last week trying to remember when the change was happening. My daughter actually called me from college to ask because her roommates TV had changed last weekend - I guess it has a chip that was programmed for the old dates.
    Yeah, my DVD/VCR player changed last weekend as well. So it was annoying but around Wednesday it switched itself back. The time on it is somehow tied into the cable feed because the time only comes up when I have the cable plugged in. So I expected it would change over last night but it's now an hour fast instead of an hour slow, I just hope it will figure itself out again because I have no idea how to set it. Thankfully my cell phone adjusts automatically for DST and time zones so it's about the only clock I ever fully trust.

Time is but a spatial metaphor.

My wife and youngest's alarm clocks are self-adjusting. They are some atomic things that synch off 3 satellites. I'm afraid to get near them, they might be radioactive or something.

It really is amazing how many electronic and mechanical devices around the house keep time,
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?