Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How dumb is Charlie Weis?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dumber than a box of hammers

5 10.42%
  • Dumber than pinch hitting Juan Castro for Josh Hamilton

18 37.50%
  • Dumber than signing Eric Milton to a 3 year deal

13 27.08%
  • Dumber than Marvin Lewis

12 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How dumb is Charlie Weis?

How dumb is Charlie Weis?

40 seconds to go. Tie ball game. 4th down 8 yards to go on the Navy 24 and instead of kicking a possible go-ahead field goal he goes for it on 4th down and Notre Dame doesn't make the 1st down and they lose in triple OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How dumb is Charlie Weis?

Is this one of them thar reeetorecal questions??

For a Level Playing Field

Very dumb. I was watching it and thought the place kicker must have torn his ACL or broke his leg... if not, then very dumb. Is winning by three against a team the school has beat 43 straight times not enough for Charlie? I guess winning by three is better than losing by two.

My vote for 2nd dumbest call goes to UC's Brain Kelly. Up by 5 points w/ 28 seconds left and you set up for a 40 yard FG on 4th down. Tries to run a fake FG! Tackled for a big loss at the 40 yard line. After two good gains, South Florida ends up with two shots from the 18 yard line to win the game and almost does it on the 1st try. UC still wins, but SF would have never had a decent chance to win w/out the dumb call. I am not a UC backer, but I am sure a few UC fans on this site were cursing the dumb call made on 4th down.

Charlie Weis is so dumb that he is not a very smart person.

LMAO!!! All 3 respondents have so far gone with option #2... guess we have an early consensus that that's the dumbest option of those presented.

Make it 5!!

Poor Jerry!!

Atleast the Milton deal seemed like a decent idea at the time. I didn't watch the game, so what was the reaction from the commentators?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Baffling move
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Atleast the Milton deal seemed like a decent idea at the time. I didn't watch the game, so what was the reaction from the commentators?

Even the NDBC guys were stunned.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    The Milton deal was NEVER a good idea. And there's very few things that could ever happen in sports dumber than the Milton signing.

But yeah, I'm not sure what Weis was thinking.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Even the NDBC guys were stunned.
    Thanks Chip. I would have watched the game, but I was too focused on the Bearcats game.

I know what would happen if he were in the NFL. He would be fired the next day. A move like this is just terrible. It's not even like they have a good offense. Their offense couldn't move the ball against a high school defense. What was he thinking?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Still, it wasn't dumber than pinch-hitting Castro or signing Milton. Since I haven't been following the NFL this year, I'll give Marvin Lewis the benefit of a doubt and say that Weiss is dumber than he is. That seems fair.

I would guess, though, that of the four choices, the box of hammers may be the sharpest.

Maybe he doesn't believe in Hail Mary's?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Brian Kelly almost beat this decision today.

On the USF 25 with under a minute to play and a 5 point lead, Kelly tries a fake field goal on 4th and 15ish. The play gets busted up and USF gets the ball on the 40 with about 40 seconds left. USF nearly scored the winning touchdown.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The Milton deal was NEVER a good idea. And there's very few things that could ever happen in sports dumber than the Milton signing.

But yeah, I'm not sure what Weis was thinking.
    Atleast they showed that they would spend money. That's where a deal can be decent at times. Though Milton was terrible for the Reds, atleast his signing showed fans that the Reds wern't afraid to spend money. They took a risk. Charlie Weis took a risk. Which was worse? I really don't know.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?