Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Great Day for College Football

Re: Great Day for College Football

Florida wiped Ohio State.

Whatever you want to call what OSU did to Miami, it was done in OT. You make it sound like they won going away.

I remember McGahee getting hurt. Didn't remember it was the 4th quarter. So not remembering every detail of a game from 5 years ago makes me biased?

As for him "doing nothing" he had 76 yards and TD to that point and still had the 4th quarter and OT. He EASILY could have finished with over 100 yards and 2 TDs. That is nothing?

You want to talk bias? You have claimed an OT win was a wipe job and that a guy with 76 yards and TD in 3/4 of a game had done nothing.

And the back-up wasn't Frank Gore. He missed the season due to an injury. Jarret Payton was the back-up to McGahee that season.

Miami didn't get "wiped". McGahee had done more than NOTHING and Frank Gore wasn't even in uniform.

But yeah, I'm biased.

Nobody wants to be fair on this site about Ohio State.
    Fair? How about giving the 2002 Willis McGahee his due? How about using a fitting adjective to describe the events of the game. Some people call it one of the best games ever played. But you OSU fans think it was total domination from start to finish. It went to OT!!!

And lets be fair. If I claimed that OSU could easily overcome an injury to Clarett because Eddie George was his back-up, I'd get ripped to shreds by Buckeyes.

We all probably remember what we wat to but clearly OSU fans aren't immune from mental errors when discussing games from five years ago.

Stop acting like the only people who do it are out to get OSU. It works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Bringing up the 02 game and trying to turn that against Ohio State? McGahee did absolutely nothing in that game and got hurt in the 4th quarter. You aren't biased huh?
    That game was brought up by a Buckeye fan. Not someone trying to turn anything against OSU. Speed was mentioned and I noted that one of the teams burners got hurt during the game. I was mistaken on just how much of the game he missed. You were obviously mistaken on what he had done to that point, including a nine yard TD run.

If you are going to have a short memory like that and accuse others with the same issues as biased, doesn't that make you the same thing? Or are Buckeye fans immune from being biased? That seems to be the message. You want to rip on me for not remembering every detail of that game but you can't remember them all either. Or perhaps you can explain how being on pace for 100 yards againt this vaunted defense is akin to "nothing"?

The game went to OT, McGahee was a Heisman finalist. He COULD have made the difference. Even if he missed only one series.

Doesn't mean OSU didn't win the game, played bad or was undeserving.
    Last edited by MaineRed; 11-08-2007 at 07:47 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

McGahee had 67 yards on 20 carries. He had 38 yards on his first 16 carries. I've watched the game several times and he hadn't been able to do anything. I don't think your'e biased at all. I just think you argue for the sake of arguing on this site. That's all you ever do.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

You are correct. It was 67 yards. I'm either dislexic or got the info from a site that had the number backwards.

All I said in response to you MWM was that Gore wasn't the back-up. Which is 100% true. I'm just wondering why Gore appears on those replays you keep watching when he was on the sidelines on crutches. Your evaluations that McGahee had done nothing would be more believable if you could accurately describe who entered the game for him when he was hurt. It wasn't Frank Gore.

Clearly you didn't review this tape yesterday.
    Last edited by MaineRed; 11-08-2007 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    You are correct. It was 67 yards. I'm either dislexic or got the info from a site that had the number backwards.

All I said in response to you MWM was that Gore wasn't the back-up. Which is 100% true. I'm just wondering why Gore appears on those replays you keep watching when he was on the sidelines on crutches. Your evaluations that McGahee had done nothing would be more believable if you could accurately describe who entered the game for him when he was hurt. It wasn't Frank Gore.

Clearly you didn't review this tape yesterday.
    Who cares. Ohio State won and obviously was loaded with speed. All 11 defensive players were drafted into the NFL and countless others like Hawk and Will Allen later were early picks and they were backups that year.

The NFL doesn't like slow players.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Right, we are all supposed to care who the Buckeyes back-ups were that year but the response to me making a correction to a comment about the Miami roster is met with a "who cares".

I care. It is not accurate to claim that Miami didn't miss McGahee because they had NFL Pro Bowler Frank Gore ready to enter the game when he wasn't even in uniform.

Why does every comment about Ohio State have to 100% right and met with such critism if it isn't positive while nobody cares about accuracy when it comes to other teams?

Yes the NFL loves speed. They also love QBs who can throw the ball downfield and put zip on it. Yet they continue to draft Danny Wuerfel, Ken Dorsey and other QBs who have next to no shot of ever doing anything.

Yes Ohio State won. I guess that proves everything you want it to prove. Ohio State narrowly beats Miami and it means they have super speed and are the best college team in history. But when Florida kills Ohio State it was just a bad day for the Buckeyes who forgot to make second half adjustments and wore the wrong cleats thus killing their obvious speed advantage.

It would be a lot easier to credit Ohio State for what they do if it wasn't an excuse fest when it comes to their losses.

Just what kind of reaction would I get if I claimed Miami only lost because they didn't make the adjustments that were needed? You read what you want to read about Ohio State and when someone supports them and says something that is factually wrong, you say nothing and instead wait until the mistake is corrected and then claim nobody cares.

I have a great deal of respect for this years Ohio State team, the only OSU team that matters at this point and I haven't said an ill word about them. I haven't questioned their schedule, their speed or anything else. I think they are good. And I expect to see them playing in the title game.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Right, we are all supposed to care who the Buckeyes back-ups were that year but the response to me making a correction to a comment about the Miami roster is met with a "who cares".

I care. It is not accurate to claim that Miami didn't miss McGahee because they had NFL Pro Bowler Frank Gore ready to enter the game when he wasn't even in uniform.

Why does every comment about Ohio State have to 100% right and met with such critism if it isn't positive while nobody cares about accuracy when it comes to other teams?

Yes the NFL loves speed. They also love QBs who can throw the ball downfield and put zip on it. Yet they continue to draft Danny Wuerfel, Ken Dorsey and other QBs who have next to no shot of ever doing anything.

Yes Ohio State won. I guess that proves everything you want it to prove. Ohio State narrowly beats Miami and it means they have super speed and are the best college team in history. But when Florida kills Ohio State it was just a bad day for the Buckeyes who forgot to make second half adjustments and wore the wrong cleats thus killing their obvious speed advantage.

It would be a lot easier to credit Ohio State for what they do if it wasn't an excuse fest when it comes to their losses.

Just what kind of reaction would I get if I claimed Miami only lost because they didn't make the adjustments that were needed? You read what you want to read about Ohio State and when someone supports them and says something that is factually wrong, you say nothing and instead wait until the mistake is corrected and then claim nobody cares.

I have a great deal of respect for this years Ohio State team, the only OSU team that matters at this point and I haven't said an ill word about them. I haven't questioned their schedule, their speed or anything else. I think they are good. And I expect to see them playing in the title game.
    I've never made excuses as to why Ohio State lost to Florida in January. I've brought up what I see as valid points even if it was Michigan vs Florida. I think a 51 day layoff is just insane and not fair. Does that make me a biased big ten lover? Maybe, I just don't think it's right.

And nobody said it means Ohio State had the best team in history. It does mean they have the speed to equal anyone in College football. Honestly it doesn't take much research to realize that Ohio State has as much speed as most every other team in the nation. That's not something new or shocking.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

In 2002 OSU has a 40 day layoff compared to Miami's 26, didn't seem to make a big difference that night.
    Go Gators!

I've never made excuses as to why Ohio State lost to Florida in January.
    Ahhh, yes you have.

Does that make me a biased big ten lover?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    In 2002 OSU has a 40 day layoff compared to Miami's 26, didn't seem to make a big difference that night.
    :fineprint

I'm not even sure what's being argued right now.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    I'm not even sure what's being argued right now.
    Tee Martin vs. Craig Krenzel! DISCUSS!!!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I've never made excuses as to why Ohio State lost to Florida in January.
    Right and you also didn't have anything to say to the people who WERE making excuses. Instead you wait for someone to make "an excuse" about a game that Ohio State won. Then you jump ugly. You want to get the facts straight. But the facts from an Ohio State loss don't matter.

I brought up a fact, Williis McGahee got hurt. Someone dimissed that as nothing more than a minor setback as "some guy" named Frank Gore was the back-up. When I corrected that, it became "who cares".

Someone cared enough and thought it was relevant enough to mention it. But as soon as we found out it wasn't an NFL pro bowler who was backing up McGahee but a no name scrub, all of a sudden the discussion turned to me liking to argue and comments that nobody cares.

Exactly. If you aren't humping Ohio State or bowing to the Big Ten, shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Tee Martin vs. Craig Krenzel! DISCUSS!!!
    Only if I can also introduce Pepe Pearson into the discussion.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Only if I can also introduce Pepe Pearson into the discussion.
    I'll allow it, if Shawn Bryson is allowed.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Craig Krenzel would have been a Heisman candiate if he played for Vandy or Ole Miss.

The SEC is THAT good.

Turn Off Ads?