Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Findlay? Grand Valley State?

When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Findlay? Grand Valley State?

Can't say as I'm surprised that this Buckeye basketball team isn't performing like last year's team. Those were some big shoes to fill.
    /r/reds

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Can't say as I'm surprised that this Buckeye basketball team isn't performing like last year's team. Those were some big shoes to fill.
    What'd they lose, 4 starters?

Let's see how good Thad Matta really is now at tOSU.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

He will be fine. Its not like he has a lack of recruits.... they just need some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

FYI, Findlay also lost 4 starters last year. From a team that was 29-2.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Findlay is the 5th ranked D-2 team.

In an exhibition setting, it's not the least bit surprising. They nearly beat Dayton last week. The outcome of the game means a lot to these schools, and nothing to the D-1 teams. There is absolutely nothing to take from an exhibition outcome.

Yeah I agree. Who really cares??? I believe Louisville lost to Georgetown (Ky) College last year. There have been a few other schools who lost in exhibition play before too. So who really cares!!!

GO BUCKS!!
    Back-to-back Big Ten Champions
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

They will be okay. Even if this is a down year by Thad's standards, I have no problem as they are reloading as we speak. Even the most awesome programs have a down year occasionally.

I figure they go 9-7 in Big Ten and win around 20 overall and get in as a 5-7 seed.

The thing that kind of stinks is that Koufos is a one and done player and if this is somewhat of a rebuilding year, it would seem to be more beneficial for the "program" players to get more minutes than him. Oh well.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Congrats to the University of Findlay....just remember it was an EXHIBITION--if this were a regular season game; rest assured the game would have been played differently by Thad and the boys...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Congrats to the University of Findlay....just remember it was an EXHIBITION--if this were a regular season game; rest assured the game would have been played differently by Thad and the boys...
    There's probably a lot of truth to this. Exhibitions are glorified scrimmages, and you get to have a dress rehearsal with your team. I'm sure Thad would have played different personnel, and X'd and O'd a little differently if this were a Big Ten game.

The loss to Findlay, I think, is just what the doctor ordered. It's a reality check and a wake up call to a team that was probably a little too high on themselves.

Thad will have the boys ready to play. They'll win at least 20 games this year...they may even win the Big 10.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Turn Off Ads?