Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Great Day for College Football

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Great Day for College Football

Florida wiped Ohio State.

Whatever you want to call what OSU did to Miami, it was done in OT. You make it sound like they won going away.

I remember McGahee getting hurt. Didn't remember it was the 4th quarter. So not remembering every detail of a game from 5 years ago makes me biased?

As for him "doing nothing" he had 76 yards and TD to that point and still had the 4th quarter and OT. He EASILY could have finished with over 100 yards and 2 TDs. That is nothing?

You want to talk bias? You have claimed an OT win was a wipe job and that a guy with 76 yards and TD in 3/4 of a game had done nothing.

And the back-up wasn't Frank Gore. He missed the season due to an injury. Jarret Payton was the back-up to McGahee that season.

Miami didn't get "wiped". McGahee had done more than NOTHING and Frank Gore wasn't even in uniform.

But yeah, I'm biased.

Nobody wants to be fair on this site about Ohio State.
    Fair? How about giving the 2002 Willis McGahee his due? How about using a fitting adjective to describe the events of the game. Some people call it one of the best games ever played. But you OSU fans think it was total domination from start to finish. It went to OT!!!

And lets be fair. If I claimed that OSU could easily overcome an injury to Clarett because Eddie George was his back-up, I'd get ripped to shreds by Buckeyes.

We all probably remember what we wat to but clearly OSU fans aren't immune from mental errors when discussing games from five years ago.

Stop acting like the only people who do it are out to get OSU. It works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Bringing up the 02 game and trying to turn that against Ohio State? McGahee did absolutely nothing in that game and got hurt in the 4th quarter. You aren't biased huh?
    That game was brought up by a Buckeye fan. Not someone trying to turn anything against OSU. Speed was mentioned and I noted that one of the teams burners got hurt during the game. I was mistaken on just how much of the game he missed. You were obviously mistaken on what he had done to that point, including a nine yard TD run.

If you are going to have a short memory like that and accuse others with the same issues as biased, doesn't that make you the same thing? Or are Buckeye fans immune from being biased? That seems to be the message. You want to rip on me for not remembering every detail of that game but you can't remember them all either. Or perhaps you can explain how being on pace for 100 yards againt this vaunted defense is akin to "nothing"?

The game went to OT, McGahee was a Heisman finalist. He COULD have made the difference. Even if he missed only one series.

Doesn't mean OSU didn't win the game, played bad or was undeserving.
    Last edited by MaineRed; 11-08-2007 at 07:47 AM.

Turn Off Ads?