Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Bills - Last Chance for Contention

Re: Bengals vs. Bills - Last Chance for Contention

Not trying to disrespect Buffalo, but today proves the Bengals truly are one of the worst teams in the league. Buffalo is an improving team, but right now they're mediocre. And the Bengals were just completely dominated by a mediocre team. Thank goodness Carson is the QB, or this might have been a 33-7 loss.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    All those splats you are hearing are Bengal jersey's being tossed off the ship. I should be able to score some cheaper seats for the Browns game here now.
    It's really weird... it's so easy to slip right back into my old Bungle watching routine. It's like coming home. (a condemned home that needs to be bulldozed, but a home, nonetheless)

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    No it wasn't. Whitmer lead with the helmet against a defenseless receiver that was diving. Total headhunting.
    Thats what I thought. You could also argue that the ball really wasn't even catchable.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Thats what I thought. You could also argue that the ball really wasn't even catchable.
    I agree with you on all counts, but Chad has actively worked to make himself a target.

Well, I guess if you are going to pick a year to suck, it might as well be this season.

The NFL is pretty much down to two teams. No one else really matters when playoffs come.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Hey, if you'd like to feel a little better about it, an equally bad Browns D is on the Fox late game.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Well, I guess if you are going to pick a year to suck, it might as well be this season.

The NFL is pretty much down to two teams. No one else really matters when playoffs come.
    Good point. Still painful to watch though. Amazing how bad their tackling is. It's almost as if the Bengals coaches actively coach them on how to not bring down the ball carrier.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Good point. Still painful to watch though. Amazing how bad their tackling is. It's almost as if the Bengals coaches actively coach them on how to not bring down the ball carrier.
    That last touchdown run just epitomized the entire season so far, have the runner dead to rights in the backfield by two tacklers no less and he scores. Pathetic.

At least the Bucks picked a good year to be winning. A good result on Saturday kind of takes the sting out of a disappointing Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Last chance for contention?

You were supposed to set your clocks back an hour, not 3 weeks. :
    Exactly. This team's chances were over long before the opening kickoff today. You couldn't cherry-pick a schedule easy enough to get this bunch a winning record by the end of the year.

A 3-9 record heading into the Rams game is not out of the question. Besides the Cardinals at home, who are they gonna beat between now and then?

My routine the past few weeks has been to DVR the game and then scan through it in about an hour watching the major plays. I'm no longer willing to waste three hours of my Sunday afternoon on it.

Mike Brown has already said that ML is not going anywhere......that injuries are to blame......that "the people at the top believe in their draft decisions"......you do not build a team through FA...only through the draft......that Justin Smith is a good "try hard" player...who they still want to re-sign after the season.

Whatever stupid Bengals fans think that things will change has only been a fan since CP has been here......the rest, like me, who have been here since 1972 or longer......know the score and already know the outcome that will follow.

It seems to me that the Bengals' season hinged on Ahmad Brooks. He hasn't been playing, and the Bengals haven't been winning. Combine that with six of the top seven linebackers not playing for the majority of the season, I doubt any more than three teams could have a top-15 defense. Heck, even the only linebacker from the beginning of the season who has been remotely healthy, Landon Johnson, has been battling injury all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Whatever stupid Bengals fans think that things will change has only been a fan since CP has been here......the rest, like me, who have been here since 1972 or longer......know the score and already know the outcome that will follow.
    These are some of the same people who will call you a fair-weather or bandwagon fan (or worse) on certain Bengals boards.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    It seems to me that the Bengals' season hinged on Ahmad Brooks. He hasn't been playing, and the Bengals haven't been winning. Combine that with six of the top seven linebackers not playing for the majority of the season, I doubt any more than three teams could have a top-15 defense. Heck, even the only linebacker from the beginning of the season who has been remotely healthy, Landon Johnson, has been battling injury all year.
    That's a good point, and it no doubt has a serious effect on the defense as football is the ultimate team sport, but I've been very disappointed in the healthy players. Madieu, D-Jax, Jonathan Jospeh, Leon Hall all seem to be non-existant in coverage. Nobody on the D-Line can get any sort of penetration with even the slightest consistency. I'm not sure if it's poor scheming on the coaches' part, or just flat out miserable execution by the players, (probably a combination of both) but something needs to be done. Watching this defense is like watching Dumatrait pitch. It's an exercise in masochism.

Peko and whoever else was playing DT these days were locked up with the Olineman like an electric football game. The D was as pathetic today as they have been all year. So passive, try to tackle by running into guys. Just a year to forget and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Hey, if you'd like to feel a little better about it, an equally bad Browns D is on the Fox late game.
    Man does their defense SUCK! No pressure at all from the front on Hasselbeck, who will pick them apart. They are going to have close to 300 total yds at halftime.

21-9 Seahawks at the half.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?