Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eric Bedard and Scott Kazmir on the Trade Market

Re: Eric Bedard and Scott Kazmir on the Trade Market

Ok.. I really want either Bedard or Kazmir (both would be nice, but...). Say we go after Bedard, the problem is I don't think either of these pitchers probably are REALLY on the tradeblock - the GM's are probably just sticking them out there to see their worth. Although on this thread we've made realistic suggestions of what we should trade to get Bedard (like Hamilton, Cueto, & Votto) and that trade in my estimation would be a totally fair one if Bedard were actually on the trading block, but what if we need to convince the GM .... offer him something that he'd be crazy to turn down....how far would you go? What about Bruce, Votto, & Cueto? I don't know what I'd do, but I just really want another ace on the staff (and a left-hander would be great) ... I don't really care if we have to overpay for him and possibly end up "losing" the trade, I just really think its important to make a real dent in the rotation this offseason.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Eric Bedard and Scott Kazmir on the Trade Market

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    I don't think just Bailey would be enough. Odds are Bailey is never going to be as good as Kazmir is right now (and that's not a knock against Homer). If they would do a Bailey-Kazmir swap, I would do it in a heartbeat. They'd probably want Bailey and Cueto which is an awful lot. If you could talk TB into Bailey + a lesser pitching prospect (e.g. Wood, Watson) I would do that as well.
    I am not sure that is a fair comparison. Homer has spent half a season in the majors, and suffered a injury while he was in Cincinnati. Kasmir has spent a couple of years and is a finished product. You may be right and Bailey may never be the pitcher Kazmir is now, or he could be an ace pitcher for the Reds in a couple of years. As to your other point of trading Bailey for Kazmir, I have to agree it is better for the Reds to acquire a major-league ready starter now than wait a couple of years for Bailey who may or may not achieve his true potential.

Turn Off Ads?