Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Could Dunn be traded before June?

Could Dunn be traded before June?

Could Dunn be traded now to say Washington if he said it was ok or would players union say No not till June if they had any Starting Pitching of our picking?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn trade

No. He can only be traded starting in June, and only to 10 teams of his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    No. He can only be traded starting in June, and only to 10 teams of his choice.
    If he really wants to stay in Cincinnati he'll pick 10 teams that don't need a 1st Baseman or Left fielder.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Can't Dunn choose to say he would like to go now and take that part out of contract?

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

The Big Man is maturing and, as such, his 2nd half stats improved greatly over AD's 2006 2nd half stats. I just hope the fans of the Cincinnati Reds show Adam Dunn some love or he will take his awesome offense to Houston and sign long-term with the Astros.

4 straight years of 40+ HR's!!! And people here want to trade Dunn? NO ONE in the entire history of the Cincinnati Reds has done that! Adam Dunn has also averaged 100 RBI's over the last 4 seasons. You just don't trade guys like that! I gladly accept his shortcomings along with his awesome productivity. Sign Adam Dunn to at least a 4 year extended contract, WK.

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    The Big Man is maturing and, as such, his 2nd half stats improved greatly over AD's 2006 2nd half stats. I just hope the fans of the Cincinnati Reds show Adam Dunn some love or he will take his awesome offense to Houston and sign long-term with the Astros.

4 straight years of 40+ HR's!!! And people here want to trade Dunn? NO ONE in the entire history of the Cincinnati Reds has done that! Adam Dunn has also averaged 100 RBI's over the last 4 seasons. You just don't trade guys like that! I gladly accept his shortcomings along with his awesome productivity. Sign Adam Dunn to at least a 4 year extended contract, WK.

noone on this thread is proposing that we should trade Dunn...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

The no trade clause is always just a negotiating tool. The Reds can trade Dunn to whoever they want, as long as the new team is willing to sign him to a contract extension, which is what his agent will demand in return for Dunn dropping the no-trade clause.

This will make him harder to trade, limiting the teams to the ones who are willing to sign him to a long term extension. Trust me, if a team wants Adam Dunn, and is willing to pay the price that WK wants, he will be traded.

"Because his $13 million option was picked up, Dunn has a full no-trade clause in effect until June 15. After that, there is a limited no-trade provision for the remainder of 2008, with Dunn able to provide a list of 10 teams to which he'd accept a trade".

This seems pretty clear to me. Dunn cannot be traded until June 15, when he can suggest 10 teams he would like to be traded to. After this, he can only be traded to any of these 10 teams the rest of 2008.

Baseball history is full of players with full no trade clauses that have been bought out by the acquiring team. The last big one was Bobby Abreu. His no trade clause was bought out for a 1.5 million flat fee.

Gagne had a no trade contract that was bought out by the Red Sox when they agreed to pay him all of his incentives whether he met them or not.

A no trade clause most of the time is just a negotiating tool used by the agent to get the player more money if he is traded. Happens all the time. If a team really wants Dunn, they will just buy out the no trade clause.

Re: Could Dunn be traded before June?

When it says he has a full no-trade clause until June 15 does that mean that he simply can't be traded until that date or he can be traded but has the power to veto any trade to any team until June 15?

Quote Originally Posted by djc27osu View Post
    When it says he has a full no-trade clause until June 15 does that mean that he simply can't be traded until that date or he can be traded but has the power to veto any trade to any team until June 15?
    Exactly.

Dunn would simply have to agree to the trade. The power is in his hands. It doesn't mean if he wants it and the Reds want it that the trade cannot happen. It just means he's completely in the driver's seat. Come mid-June, he's partially in the driver's seat.

Then again, the Reds could make it worth his while to agree to any trade. They could call him tomorrow and say the Red Sox are interested. Something tells me he wouldn't mind going there for the chance to win a ring. Or the Reds could ask if he he'd like to go back to Texas. Or they could say, we intend to play you at first next year. If you hate that idea, perhaps we should explore a trade.

Not saying any of these things happen, but they would be scenarios in which you could see the no-trade clause dropped like a lazy fly ball on opening day 2006.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Dunn to Giants for Lincecum would be great.. that will be the only time i cheer for dunn.. to be leaving this city.. crappy defense and homeruns haven't won us ANYTHING(even simple games) in the recent past.. why in the heck do you people think that will suddenly change?! sometimes I wonder what the majority here are smoking..

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    sometimes I wonder what the majority here are smoking..
    I certainly would like to have some of what you are smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    Dunn to Giants for Lincecum would be great.. that will be the only time i cheer for dunn.. to be leaving this city.. crappy defense and homeruns haven't won us ANYTHING(even simple games) in the recent past.. why in the heck do you people think that will suddenly change?! sometimes I wonder what the majority here are smoking..
    Adam Dunn is not the reason for the Reds losing. I don't understand why everyone puts the blame on Dunn. Griffey is the one who's been injured most of his time as a Red. Eric Milton's crappy contract cost the Reds more games than Dunn. Putting the blame on Dunn for the Reds losing is just stupid. Just like the Yankee fans putting the blame on A.Rod is stupid.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Turn Off Ads?