Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket prices going up

Ticket prices going up

Except for bleacher seats which are going down and Terrace Outfield which are staying the same.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....60340/1035/SPT

Reds ticket prices are going up
    By C. Trent Rosecrans
    Post staff reporter

While it is unknown if the Reds will add payroll for the 2008 season, the price of watching the Reds is going up. The team announced tickets prices for the 2008 season as well as the complete schedule, which is subject to change.

Prices for most non-premium seating categories will increase $2 and the team has eliminated its cheapest ticket, the Outer View Level. Last season, tickets for "regular" games in the 1,368 Out View Level seats were $5. Those tickets are now regular View Level price ($14 for regular games, an increase of $1 from 2007).

However, the team has lowered the price of bleacher seats to $7 from $10.

In all, the Reds claim approximately 58 percent of the tickets at Great American Ball Park will be $20 or less.

There is no change in the price of Terrace Outfield seats ($19).

Like last season, ticket prices are increased for "Premier Games" which include the Opening Day game against the Arizona Diamondbacks (March 31) and the Boston Red Sox (June 13-15). "Select Games" pricing includes the series against the Cleveland Indians (May 16-18) and Chicago Cubs (Sept. 5-7).

The Reds' road schedule includes the team's final trip to two New York stadiums - Yankee Stadium (June 20-22) and the Mets' Shea Stadium (May 9-11). Both stadiums are scheduled to be replaced in 2009.

The team will play at Washington's new Nationals Park from Aug. 1-3.

In addition to facing the Yankees, the Reds' other road interleague trips are at Toronto (June 24-26) and Cleveland (June 27-29).
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ticket prices going up

$57 for an infield box seat? Hmm... $37 to sit in the Sun Deck? No more $5 tickets?

Alan Cutler actually made a decent point this morning:

$2 per seat increase in ticket prices X ~1.75 million in attendance = $3.5 million = Dusty's salary
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Interesting they got rid of the $5 Outer View Level.

A couple times I went to a Reds game to buy $5 tickets but they were sold out. And if you looked up at those sections, there were about 3 people in them. They were doing exactly what I wanted, buy a cheap ticket to get in the stadium and then go sit somewhere else.

It's about
    the ball,
    the bat,
    the mitt,
    the bases,
    and the fans

Lame. I will be going to a lot fewer games this year with price increases. For the view level thing... I guess you could always buy bleacher seats for 2 more bucks and go sit wherever, but its still silly to go from $5 to $14 in 1 season for a specific section of the ballpark.

but its still silly to go from $5 to $14 in 1 season for a specific section of the ballpark.
    Seriously, who has $5 tickets anymore?

Tickets at Reds games are cheaper then PDX's AAA team, Cincinnati has been underpaying for tickets for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Seriously, who has $5 tickets anymore?

Tickets at Reds games are cheaper then PDX's AAA team, Cincinnati has been underpaying for tickets for decades.
    WOY, I am cheap. I don't always buy $5 tickets, but when I go to games by myself (probably 5-10 times a year) I will get cheap seats and find the best available seat. I get an increase, but they almost tripled its price in 1 season. $10 would have been more ideal, then another bump next year would have been more realistic I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    WOY, I am cheap. I don't always buy $5 tickets, but when I go to games by myself (probably 5-10 times a year) I will get cheap seats and find the best available seat. I get an increase, but they almost tripled its price in 1 season. $10 would have been more ideal, then another bump next year would have been more realistic I guess.
    I do that too when in town... but I was doing that 20 years ago for 5 bucks too.... welcome to the 21st century it's a new era... even if the uniforms have an older look.

I can't complain a whole lot about the $5 seats. If they have more $7 bleacher seats available, I'll be happy. I might actually sit there. There was no way I'd sit in the outer view seats unless it was a sell-out.

No mention of season ticket prices? In 2007, they sold them for 2006 prices. I guess we get the full monty this year.

It's about
    the ball,
    the bat,
    the mitt,
    the bases,
    and the fans

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

What kind of dent is $7 vs. $5 going to put in the wallets of Reds fans?

I can understand fans not wanting to pony up $14 for what used to be a $5 seat, but now you can pony up $7 for what used to be a $10 seat and actually isn't a bad seat, IMO.

Serious fans will find a way to afford to go to ballgames, and if they honestly fiscally can't, then there's always 700 WLW.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    What kind of dent is $7 vs. $5 going to put in the wallets of Reds fans?

I can understand fans not wanting to pony up $14 for what used to be a $5 seat, but now you can pony up $7 for what used to be a $10 seat and actually isn't a bad seat, IMO.

Serious fans will find a way to afford to go to ballgames, and if they honestly fiscally can't, then there's always 700 WLW.
    I think I made that suggestion earlier in this thread didn't I?

I used the discount code from CincinnatiUSA several times last year and paid a little more than half of face. I also bought on eBay a few times. Taking a family of 4 to see a 3 game series plus hotel and eating expenses really adds up.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I think I made that suggestion earlier in this thread didn't I?
    Probably.

For whatever reason, I only seemed to notice that you were suggesting you wouldn't go to ballgames b/c they were getting rid of the $5 seat. But I just woke up, so I could be wrong. Still gotta rub the sleep stuff outta my eyes.

16 years ago you could get a $10 seat behind the dugout. That was incredibly cheap back then, ridiculously low.

1999 Prices

Blue A - $17
    Blue B - $15
    Green A - $13
    Green B - $12
    Yellow Box - $12
    Red Box - $10
    Green - $9
    Red - $7
    Top Six - $4

I just hope they leave the premium seats alone. The club level seating is about as high as it needs to be for a while IMO. I think they are getting a little steep.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?