Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How do you think the Bearcats will do this year?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • .500 or Over

24 47.06%
  • Under .500

23 45.10%
  • Not Sure

4 7.84%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Basketball right around the corner!

Retired

Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    I guess it's going to be another long year.
    You ain't kidding, this team is horrible right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I thought that the newfound hight on the inside would free up defenders to go outside and defend the three. Against an undersized team like they were playing tonight they really need to do that. Horribly coached by Cronin.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Give them time, they are very young and it showed. Belmont is going to be in the running to get back in the tournament again in March. It just showed how far they have to go on defense and the ability to make the next pass was lacking. The freshmen looked indecisive, like they should in their first game.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Last night was extremely frustrating. At the same time, we all understand that we won't be very good again this year, and Belmont isn't a bad team. The part that bothered me was us settling for so many three's, and letting up so many uncontested three's and layups on the other end. There's a reason 6' white guys are playing college basketball, and it's not because they're great athletes. We need to get out and guard the three.

Well, it was a tough weekend for UC basketball. Its going to take a while for this team to gel IMO. They aren't as bad as they look, but yes, it will be a long year. I don't know what to expect out of this team, but its looking more and more like a sub .500 season. Anyone want to change their vote? I'm usually pretty optomistic, but as rosy as my lenses are, I don't see a good year as far a results. Thats not to say that they can't make progress. We'll see.

Give them a few weeks. They need time to gel. They have talent.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

This team is very young. I will give them the nessecary time to deveolop. Let's hope it's soon though. I can't take much more of this.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I didn't see much hope out there this weekend - that was awful painful.

Might as well throw McClain, Wilkes, Bishop and Davis into the fire and get them as many minutes as you can.

As much as I've tried to hold off on judging Mick as a coach - he's been anything but impressive thus far - these guys look clueless and timid against small school teams - the Big East will obliterate them. Uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    I didn't see much hope out there this weekend - that was awful painful.

Might as well throw McClain, Wilkes, Bishop and Davis into the fire and get them as many minutes as you can.

As much as I've tried to hold off on judging Mick as a coach - he's been anything but impressive thus far - these guys look clueless and timid against small school teams - the Big East will obliterate them. Uncle.
    Its not going to be pretty, but I think this will be a great year to find out what Mick has in him. The team isn't great, and they are starting off like they are even worse. They have potential to be respectable at best when you consider the depth or lack thereof. I'm interested to see what he can end up getting out of his team.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This isn't Mick's fault....this is all on Nancy.

He's cleaning up her mess....and that will take time.

I believe in Mick Cronin. if UC has another long season this season, my stance will not change.

If in 2 or 3 more years, it's no better...then I will begin to question Mick...

He deserves a free pass........for now.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-14-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    This isn't Mick's fault....this is all on Nancy.

He's cleaning up her mess....and that will take time.

I believe in Mick Cronin. if UC has another long season this season, my stance will not change.

If in 2 or 3 more years, it's no better...then I will begin to question Mick...

Completely agree. The basketball program was pretty much completely dismantled under Nancy. Why she felt the need to do that is beyond me. Basketball was the money maker. Luckily for her, football has picked up a lot of the slack, otherwise I think there would still be a large crowd calling for her head. How do you take down a program that brings so much attention and excitement to your college? Yeah, there were problems, but Huggins put that school at the level it was. The whole situation has to go down as one of the worst moves in college history. If the football program hadn't taken off like it did this year, where would UC be right now? Acedemics alone would never carry a school like UC. Especially when considering location. Yeah, they have good programs, but not good enough to live or die by.

Nice win for the Bearcats last night. Nice recovery from the dissapointing weekend last week. How much of that do you credit to Cronin? For those who missed the game, Vaughn hit 9 three pointers and finished with 36 points. UC cruised in the second half for a 74-59 win.

Ouch, currently down 21 points to UAB and the Cats look like roadkill.

Cronin has been disappointing, his team's are lethargic and sloppy so far.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

This current situation in this game is getting chippy.

2 T's on Mitchell, he's tossed, a T on a UAB guy...pushing and shoving, and mouthing off at one another.

Quality.

This is going to get real good once they get into Big East play

Hopefully some very good news on the UC hoops front ...

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/default.asp

Nothing's final yet and no one at UC is commenting, but it appears that 6-7 Western Carolina sophomore forward Nick Aldridge might transfer to UC. You might recall that Aldridge originally committed to UC when Bob Huggins was still the head coach, but changed his mind after Huggins left. He enrolled instead at Western Carolina, where he averaged 18.3 points and 7.0 rebounds last season and scored 22 against UC earlier this season.
    I just talked to Aldridge, who attended the UC-Miami game last week, and although he said he's still trying to decide betweenUC and Marshall, he did say that he planned to be in Cincinnnati on Thursday. When I told him that sounds like you have already decided to go to UC, he replied, "You can take it however you want. I'n not going to say anything for sure (until Thursday)."
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Turn Off Ads?