Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How do you think the Bearcats will do this year?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • .500 or Over

24 47.06%
  • Under .500

23 45.10%
  • Not Sure

4 7.84%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: UC Basketball right around the corner!

Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

8-5 in the Big East now. Mick for coach of the year?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

USF has been playing good recently. They nearly beat UConn. I love how this game was played. Sikes had to step up. They got some good minutes from reserves. I also like that Bishop didn't start. IMO, he doesn't deserve to start. He gets just over 5 points per game. That's not enough IMO for a freshman to start over an experienced Senior.

Cyclone, I agree with you on Adam. He is a terrible center, especially in the Big East. I think it's about time to give Biggie more minutes. His foot still bothers him, but it's not gonna get any worse. Biggie's as good or better than Adam at blocking shots, and is 2 inches taller. Granted, he doesn't have as much beef, but if it means having to double somebody on the post to get Adam out, that's fine with me.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Hes gotta be getting very strong consideration

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Hes gotta be getting very strong consideration
    I agree. 8-5 is one of the best records in the confrence. Coming from this team, that means alot. I think he'd win if voting were today.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Hrycaniuk plays great D. He did a job on Gransberry last night (with double team help). Plays good man and good help.

But his offensive game is horrible. No hands, no shot, no moves. The nicest thing I can say is he sets a good pick.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Man, that would be sweet. Mick is doing a great job there- I am happy for him.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

You just have to wonder why Adam H. has been so terrible on the offensive end. Is it confidence? Is it a curse? Is it just that he doesn't have a feel for the offensive end? I still like the fact that he plays great defense.

Also, does anybody else get uncomfortable when Biggie hits the court. He is just akward and its painful to watch. I can't wait to see what he can do when he gets some more strength and learns the game a little better. He's got some big time potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    You just have to wonder why Adam H. has been so terrible on the offensive end. Is it confidence? Is it a curse? Is it just that he doesn't have a feel for the offensive end? I still like the fact that he plays great defense.

Also, does anybody else get uncomfortable when Biggie hits the court. He is just akward and its painful to watch. I can't wait to see what he can do when he gets some more strength and learns the game a little better. He's got some big time potential.
    I think Adam's been bad because he doesn't have hops. He can dunk in practice, and with nobody near him, but if somebody's guarding him close, he just doesn't jump well enough to dunk it. I think he's to usto playing on the outside, and not having to dunk it, so he isn't very good at it.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I think Adam's been bad because he doesn't have hops. He can dunk in practice, and with nobody near him, but if somebody's guarding him close, he just doesn't jump well enough to dunk it. I think he's to usto playing on the outside, and not having to dunk it, so he isn't very good at it.
    You can be effective inside without a dunk. He misses wide open layups and he uses his body to gain position pretty well. You just have to wonder if it isn't a confidence thing that has snowballed on him. It isn't a matter of physical skill I don't think. He has that. He seems to be able to get the open shots, and from what I've been told he has a decent shot. I tend to think that it is more mental with him. Maybe he lost his touch after sitting out a year. Maybe he never had a feel for the close shots. I don't know. I don't think he has the ability to score 15 a game, but I don't think he is as inept offensively as he appears now. The missed free throw after throwing the ball at Deonta's feet was a good example of how I think he just doesn't have much confidence right now. He is a better player than that.

He isn't explosive enough off the floor for one and I don't think he is strong enough by the rim. Had he been with the team for 4 years, or even two for that matter, I think Adam H could have been a productive big man in the Big East. I think lack of confidence has more to do with your outside shot rather than around the rim. Some media types, not to name names but he is on 1530 homer from 3-6, feel that he is a very frustrating player but I just think you have to take what you are given. He will give you strong defensive minutes, miss some layups, set a moving screen or two a game, but he will continue to play hard. It would be nice to have a guy like Adam H come off the bench and give you 15-20 minutes along with 5 hard fouls but he is forced to bring a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    You can be effective inside without a dunk. He misses wide open layups and he uses his body to gain position pretty well. You just have to wonder if it isn't a confidence thing that has snowballed on him. It isn't a matter of physical skill I don't think. He has that. He seems to be able to get the open shots, and from what I've been told he has a decent shot. I tend to think that it is more mental with him. Maybe he lost his touch after sitting out a year. Maybe he never had a feel for the close shots. I don't know. I don't think he has the ability to score 15 a game, but I don't think he is as inept offensively as he appears now. The missed free throw after throwing the ball at Deonta's feet was a good example of how I think he just doesn't have much confidence right now. He is a better player than that.
    Yes you can be effective on the inside without dunking, but when you spend a year dunking, and all the sudden have to lay it up against a strong post defender, or even when you're wide open, that shot might not be very good.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Yes you can be effective on the inside without dunking, but when you spend a year dunking, and all the sudden have to lay it up against a strong post defender, or even when you're wide open, that shot might not be very good.
    If thats how he spent his year off practicing, somebody should be fired. It was no secret that he wouldn't be able to dunk in the middle. He was always more of a shooter from what I understood. Even the men who can dunk have to be able to make the layups. I can't imagine a coaching staff letting him learn to go up and dunk when he clearly doesn't have the ability to do it in a game. You don't forget how to make layups. You just lose confidence and overcorrect or make quick judgement errors. If he doesn't know how to make layups by the college level, something went seriously wrong somewhere. I think his free throws tell the story. If I recall, he was supposed to be solid from the stripe. He appears to have very good form. He just can't knock them down consistently. His free throw at the end of the USF game showed me that he just didn't have the confidence in himself. He overthinks to the point that he doesn't use feel around the basket. Thats just the feeling I get from watching him this season. Just like a slump in baseball, it is better to simplify. He is just pressing too much.

Alright, a very big stretch of games for the Bearcats, starting with a tough on in Georgetown. Should be fun to watch. What does everyone think about this one.

I think its going to be a typical Bearcat game where we really cant predict anything about it besides Vaughn scores more than half the teams points.

I think today it's all going to come together. So far this year we have won games by Vaughn taking over, Williamson taking over, or from the bench stepping up. I think today we'll see atleast two of those, if not three.

I say Bearcats by 4.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?