Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How do you think the Bearcats will do this year?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • .500 or Over

    24 47.06%
  • Under .500

    23 45.10%
  • Not Sure

    4 7.84%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 226

Thread: UC Basketball right around the corner!

  1. #46
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,501

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    How about 1-0 in the Big East!!!

    Ok, so it won't last long, but I'll enjoy it

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    "Let's Roll" TeamBoone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,840

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    I'd be happy to just be able to watch the games on television... I've seen two on FOX 19. I check the listings daily and have no idea where the Bearcat games have gone.

    Until this season, I've always been an avid watcher.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

  4. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati/Colerain
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    My goal for the 07-08 Bearcats: Get To The Garden! Great shot at 2-0 in Big East play as the take on St. Johns Saturday.

  5. #49
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,501

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I'd be happy to just be able to watch the games on television... I've seen two on FOX 19. I check the listings daily and have no idea where the Bearcat games have gone.

    Until this season, I've always been an avid watcher.
    Fox dropped them. The Miami game was the last one.

    Call it a hunch, but I bet it's about money

  6. #50
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,038

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Fox dropped them. The Miami game was the last one.

    Call it a hunch, but I bet it's about money
    False. XIX is still going to carry some games this year, but they will be produced by ESPN.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  7. #51
    "Let's Roll" TeamBoone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,840

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    So, where can I actually watch the games? If FOX dropped them (or at least most of them), is there some other network that televises them routinely?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

  8. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    So, where can I actually watch the games? If FOX dropped them (or at least most of them), is there some other network that televises them routinely?
    Here is a pretty good schedule including where games will be televised (Its in PDF form). Luckily, most of the will still be televised. The part I hate is not having Josh Katzowitz doing his blog anymore.


    The Bearcats continue to make strides towards being a good team again. I really like what Mick is doing with that team. I've said it before, and I will say it again, Mick will get this team on track. Give him some time.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 01-03-2008 at 04:27 PM.

  9. #53
    Playoffs Cyclone792's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,263

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    Fan-Freakin-Tastic!

    From Koch's blog ...

    It's a done deal. Nick Aldridge is transferring from Western Carolina to UC and is expected to be at practice next week when winter quarter begins.
    "I'm coming to be a Bearcat," Aldridge said.
    Why UC?
    "As he showed in the Big East opener the other day against Louisville, I think Coach Cronin has got a lot of young guys buying into his system," Aldridge said. "I like they way they run and press and I think I'll fit into that pretty well. I think I'll be able to bring a little toughness to the team with there being a lot of young guys. I think Coach will look to me for a little more experience."
    Aldridge, a 6-7 sophomore forward from South Webster High School in Portsmouth, will begin to sit out his transfer year immediately and is expected to be eligible at the end of fall quarter next year. He was averaging about 18 points for Western Carolina this season before he decided to transfer.
    Aldridge, who originally committed to UC as part of Bob Huggins' 2006 recruiting class only to change his mind after Huggins and UC parted ways, will have to pay his own way for the remainder of this academic year, but will likely be on scholarship next year. He'll have two full seasons of eligibility remaining, plus what's left of next season after fall quarter ends.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

    Put an end to the Lost Decade.

  10. #54
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Fan-Freakin-Tastic!

    From Koch's blog ...
    It's not that good. He's a player that had to choose between Winthrop and Western Carolina after he decomitted from the Bearcats. Personally, I don't know if he is Big East calliber. He spends too much time outside the arch for 6', 7". I hope this works out, because Mick is a much better evaluater of talent than me.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

  11. #55
    Playoffs Cyclone792's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,263

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    It's not that good. He's a player that had to choose between Winthrop and Western Carolina after he decomitted from the Bearcats. Personally, I don't know if he is Big East calliber. He spends too much time outside the arch for 6', 7". I hope this works out, because Mick is a much better evaluater of talent than me.
    Worst case scenario is he still adds decent depth. That will have more value to a team like UC in the next few years than most other teams.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

    Put an end to the Lost Decade.

  12. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    For those interested, Josh Katzowits is now blogging on Bearcat Lair. I really enjoy his blogs, and these are no different. Now, if only we could get somebody to hire both C. Trent and Josh to do online reporting for Cincy Sports. Maybe even a radio show would be really cool. I bet the two of them would be a riot.

    BTW, what do you expect out of UC tonight. I expect them to give another great effort after what happened on Sat. I can't wait to see how Mick's team responds. Overall though, I would be surprised for the effort to last thoughout the grind of the season when they are struggling to stay respectable. Should be a great way to tell what kind of coach Mick is. If this team plays hard all season, I will feel really good about Mick being in control. If not, I still hold out a lot of hope, but the argument is a lot weaker. I still believe Mick will have this team playing in the NCAA's in a couple years and making noise soon after. Dominating? That won't be easy in the Big East.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 01-09-2008 at 04:50 PM.

  13. #57
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,462

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    For those interested, Josh Katzowits is now blogging on Bearcat Lair. I really enjoy his blogs, and these are no different. Now, if only we could get somebody to hire both C. Trent and Josh to do online reporting for Cincy Sports. Maybe even a radio show would be really cool. I bet the two of them would be a riot.

    BTW, what do you expect out of UC tonight. I expect them to give another great effort after what happened on Sat. I can't wait to see how Mick's team responds. Overall though, I would be surprised for the effort to last thoughout the grind of the season when they are struggling to stay respectable. Should be a great way to tell what kind of coach Mick is. If this team plays hard all season, I will feel really good about Mick being in control. If not, I still hold out a lot of hope, but the argument is a lot weaker. I still believe Mick will have this team playing in the NCAA's in a couple years and making noise soon after. Dominating? That won't be easy in the Big East.
    I like the matchup tonight. Syracuse isn't comfortable on the road. They have a young team. Hopefully, like Cronin illuded to, we can get some butts in the seats tonight. We need to get in these guy's heads. Maybe we need to foul em hard or something. We need something to get their attention early.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

  14. #58
    Playoffs Cyclone792's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,263

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    Great win for UC tonight against Syracuse. The 'cats won two Big East games all of last year, and this year they've already notched two Big East wins and we're still in early January.

    UC has shown plenty of improvement defensively, and it's the defense that earned the win tonight. Their offense is still very suspect other than Vaughn, but it's also shown some improvement too. With where this program has been in the last year plus, improvement is the first step toward rebuilding and UC seems to be taking it.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

    Put an end to the Lost Decade.

  15. #59
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,038

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Great win for UC tonight against Syracuse. The 'cats won two Big East games all of last year, and this year they've already notched two Big East wins and we're still in early January.

    UC has shown plenty of improvement defensively, and it's the defense that earned the win tonight. Their offense is still very suspect other than Vaughn, but it's also shown some improvement too. With where this program has been in the last year plus, improvement is the first step toward rebuilding and UC seems to be taking it.
    Yep. UC is still very young too, so expect a few more performances like St. John's game. They're getting better but there's still a ways to go.

    It's great to see this team playing defense and crashing the boards. That can make up for so many shortcomings on the offensive side of the ball. The cats are giving us a glimpse of the not-so-distant future, and it's bright.
    Last edited by paintmered; 01-09-2008 at 10:26 PM.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  16. #60
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,501

    Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

    I think the basketball program is in good hands under Mick Cronin


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25