Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How do you think the Bearcats will do this year?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • .500 or Over

24 47.06%
  • Under .500

23 45.10%
  • Not Sure

4 7.84%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Basketball right around the corner!

Re: UC Basketball right around the corner!

Congrats to Mick and his team! 3-1 in the Big East when most thought they would be lucky to win 2 games in conference all season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Talking to myself - great win against a top 20 team tonight and confidence firmly restored in Cronin after the SJU debacle.

And I was dead wrong about the crowd - looks packed actually.

I think the Cats will struggle on the road just about every time, so it would be nice to see them do something there soon.

BTW - Yancy Gates on the tube now - wow he and McClain have sooo much potential - nice to think about for the next 3 years
    The crowd looked small early because of the ticket counter. I had to stand in line 20 minutes to get a ticket. I got in line as the game was starting. The crowd really picked up though. Announced attendence a bit over ten thousand. They really did show heart out there. This team plays with everything. I can't talk now I was yelling so much.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

That was an incredible game. The Shoe was rockin' and the players played their hearts out. Huge win for the Cats! I love how Mick has them playing right now.

Deonta Vaughn won conference player of the week for those interested. He is on heck of a player. Almost makes me forget about losing Downey to USC. Williamson had a huge game also. He was just a monster on the boards. Adam H. showed signs of the guy UC thought they had with him. He wasn't as good as some would like him to be, but the guy sat out last year, struggled at the beginning of the year, and has been trying too hard since IMO. He might not be a great player, but I hold out hope of him being an OK player. Also, Mitchell had a breakout type of game. If all keeps going in this direction, this team could be a really big suprise.

I don't know if it would be worth starting another poll, but if this poll was run now, what would your vote be now, and what was it at the beginning? Do you expect the Bearcats to make the BE tourney? The NIT? Maybe even the NCAA tourney? It might be interesting to run another poll and see the results, I don't know. What do you think? Should there be another poll?

I would be thrilled to make the NIT in year two of a complete rebuilding process and I think it's achievable. The NCAA tournament just isn't realistic with eight losses already (and some really bad ones) and the schedule they have yet to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I would be thrilled to make the NIT in year two of a complete rebuilding process and I think it's achievable. The NCAA tournament just isn't realistic with eight losses already (and some really bad ones) and the schedule they have yet to play.
    I would have been thrilled with a BE Tourney appearance after the absolute mess Mick took over. I voted they would be below .500 this year, thats what type of shape I thought the program was in. I still don't know that I would change my vote, but things look a lot better now.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    I would have been thrilled with a BE Tourney appearance after the absolute mess Mick took over. I voted they would be below .500 this year, thats what type of shape I thought the program was in. I still don't know that I would change my vote, but things look a lot better now.
    Yeah, I also felt the same way as you as the beginning of the year in that I would have been thrilled qualifying for the Big East Tournament, though I did vote for above .500 in this poll (ever so slightly). However, after seeing them in action the past eight games or so, I think the NIT is a realistic goal, though it's certainly no guarantee. However, if they can continue playing as hard as they are now, I think they have a solid chance.

How big would a win be tonight? A road conference win would go a long way to prove to themselves that they are as good as they appear right now. It won't be easy. The number one concern has to be rebounding tonight. I don't know if they get the win tonight, but it should be a very good game to watch. I am more excited now than I have been in a very long time for a Bearcat basketball game. Maybe its just me, but I think this game is a very big game for the Bearcats. Of course I don't know how much it means if they lose. Maybe not that much, they just lost to a better team.

I'm not real happy right now - the on-screen guide for Insight and every TV listing says the UC/ND game is on ESPNU, and I rushed home to catch it - but they are showing the OSU/MSU game.

Ugh!!!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    I'm not real happy right now - the on-screen guide for Insight and every TV listing says the UC/ND game is on ESPNU, and I rushed home to catch it - but they are showing the OSU/MSU game.

Ugh!!!
    Technical difficulties. They better fix them

Ok it's on now.

So far, this is far from quality from anybody.

Some really, really questionable officiating on both sides of the court so far.

Inconsistant officiating drives me crazy.

Tonight....I'm getting driven crazy.

I hope UC can keep fighting. I don't think the home court advantage is as much when the other team continues to compete.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?