Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: If a child in a Michigan outfit showed up for Halloween at your house?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give them candy

24 88.89%
  • Refuse to give them candy

3 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll for tOSU fans

Poll for tOSU fans

If a child showed up on your doorstep on Halloween for trick or treating dressed up as a Michigan football player what would you do.

I'm looking for serious responses here as I'm doing a little research on this topic.

This is mainly for people in tOSU territory - especially in the Columbus area.
    Last edited by Chip R; 11-07-2007 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Poll for tOSU fans

Give him candy, good grief. Withholding candy wouldn't even enter my mind.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I suppose I'd give them candy, but I can't promise I wouldn't give them the evil eye.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Maize and blue kids would get the benefit of the doubt and candy from me.
    /r/reds

Third Choice: I go to kitchen and give them a teaspoon of nutmeg in a bag.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

The kid would definitely get candy at our house...and a stern lecture.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    The kid would definitely get candy at our house...and a stern lecture.
    Ughhh I met many like that back in my day, I moved from Ann Arbor to Cincinnati in 8th grade and was forever maligned by teachers, parents and peers about my maize and blue UM jacket.

IMO, nothing is sadder then an adult climbing up a kids butt about a sports team. A little ribbing is fine, but some of the OSU dads I dealt with were a tad over the top on their fervor for the alma mater, all at the expense of displaying a semblance of maturity.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I would give the kid a lot of candy because I would feel deeply sorry for them.

In our small neighborhood, I'd probably know the person who put their kid up to it.

If it wasn't someone I knew, just give'em the "Rem Shrug" and extra candy. Obviously they are being neglected at home.

BTW - the funniest commerical has to be that couple making out on the couch with the guy having an OSU shirt on and her having a Michigan Shirt on. Then having the saying "Without sports, this wouldn't be disgusting".
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Honestly, I usually rib (sorry WOY), but in a good-natured way asking them if they are from Michigan. If they are, I tell them "great".

If they have no ties to Michigan I give them a hard time, but in a very healthy rivalry manner. There used to be a ton of kids around Columbus that sported Michigan gear with no ties, but they have faded in the past few years. Most now genuinely have some sort of tie to Michigan (from there, Mom and Dad went there).

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Ughhh I met many like that back in my day, I moved from Ann Arbor to Cincinnati in 8th grade and was forever maligned by teachers, parents and peers about my maize and blue UM jacket.

IMO, nothing is sadder then an adult climbing up a kids butt about a sports team. A little ribbing is fine, but some of the OSU dads I dealt with were a tad over the top on their fervor for the alma mater, all at the expense of displaying a semblance of maturity.
    Really? Cincinnati is the least OSU town of any cities in Ohio. I would be willing to bet if you put a poll up of favorite football team both ND and UM would have a big portion of the tri state fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Really? Cincinnati is the least OSU town of any cities in Ohio. I would be willing to bet if you put a poll up of favorite football team both ND and UM would have a big portion of the tri state fans.
    ND was pretty prevalent, but this was also 30 odd years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Lighten up, Francis.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

My House has an OSU Flag hanging outside it, so its no secret where our heart is at.

I had a MICH kid for Halloween. I gave him some candy and chatted about their season.

Last year on the day of THE GAME I pulled into the drive through with my 45 Jersey (Griffen, not Katz) and the guy working the drive through had on MICH stuff. I asked him if he knew that his Momma dressed him funny. We had a pretty good chat about THE GAME.

GL

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I would give him candy, no question.
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?