Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Henry involved in an "incident"

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Chris Henry involved in an "incident"

More information from Mark Curnutte

Is the incident enough to jeopardize Henry's status for the game?

"Based on the info below (report), the answer would be no," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail to The Enquirer after viewing this report. "It is not an issue in terms of his playing status at this time."

Aiello is NFL Senior Vice President of Public Relations.

Henry spoke to the media earlier today. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, through a team media relations official, said Henry had been told only to answer football-related questions.

Henry would have no comment on the Newport incident, Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said. The club had no additional comment as of 3 p.m. The Bengals view it as a non-substantive issue, Brennan added.

"I'm really excited to get out there and help my teammates," Henry told a group of reporters and TV cameras.

To pursue charges against Henry would require Baker visiting the Campbell County Attorney’s office, which would review the incident and decide if charges were appropriate. There’s also the possibility that the county attorney would require the sides to go through mediation before the issuance of charges.

"Legally any misdemeanor such as this needs to be filed within one year," Campbell County Attorney Justin Verst. "But as a practical matter the longer somebody sits on it and doesn’t do anything the less serious we're going to take it."
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-07-2007 at 04:02 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Do you know who I am? Seriously?

istm that Henry wanting people to know who he is at this point suggests a radical disconnect with reality.

Senor Votto

Just get him off the team. Him and Pacman give WVU a bad name.
    Last edited by Degenerate39; 11-07-2007 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Bengals react to Henry news

A spokesman for the Bengals says "We are aware of the reports. At this point it's not clear that anything substansive will develop."
    the only substantive thing should be his release ... but the Bengals aren't that smart.

This sounds bunk. Isn't the levee equipped with the machines that you have to pay via the machines at the elevator banks, so there is no way to leave that way without paying. And if he was in the valet lot, then yeah, how did he get in without paying. This sounds like the guy was mad cause perhaps he didn't get tipped. Jerk move, but not illegal, and then likely started something.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Does the Levee have cameras in these lots?

That'd be good to know...
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-07-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan View Post
    This sounds bunk. Isn't the levee equipped with the machines that you have to pay via the machines at the elevator banks, so there is no way to leave that way without paying. And if he was in the valet lot, then yeah, how did he get in without paying. This sounds like the guy was mad cause perhaps he didn't get tipped. Jerk move, but not illegal, and then likely started something.

The garages are but it doesn't sound like he parked in a garage. I'm not sure how the valet parking works there. Do they pay before or after they get the car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

It seems like there's a new "Chris Henry in trouble again" thread every 2-3 months.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

For a Level Playing Field

Non-story. But too bad Mr. Ego cannot keep his name out of off-the-field headlines. On the bright side... this time he did not seem to be wearing his Bengals jersey and did not point a gun at the parking guy. Baby steps, baby steps.

Don Shula blames Carson Palmer. Says Bob Griese would never let such a thing happen with one of his recievers.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Don Shula blames Carson Palmer. Says Bob Griese would never let such a thing happen with one of his recievers.
    Too bad Bob didn't counsel RB Mercury Morris a bit more!

Situations like this, regardless if they are minor or a non-criminal offense, only shows me that this kid is a grade A egotistical idiot and will get into trouble again at some point in the future. He's basically going to be on "probation", meaning, they are going to be watching him, so he should be smart enough (and that is debatable) to realize he needs to take a low profile right now, not draw any attention to himself, and avoid even minor situations like this.

He obviously can't.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

On the brink of disaster

Working at a bank in Clifton, I've seen people who have no money and no real reason to have an ego put up fights worse than this. Also, with my girlfriend living and Mason, I've also seen rich people do the same thing. They try to intimidate and act like three year olds and it is annoying, but in the end the only thing you can do is laugh it off an move on. Yeah, he obviously has no class assuming this really happened, but there is nothing illegal with that. You are also only getting one side of the story. I know people who instigate things like that and then act like they are the victim, not that I am suggesting that was the situation, but that is very possible.

What I really find funny is a grown man going up to a police officer like a first grader does with a teacher to taddle on someone. Yeah, Chris Henry shouldn't have done it, but was it really worth keeping the confrontation going over $5? Just walk away and let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by acredsfan View Post
    What I really find funny is a grown man going up to a police officer like a first grader does with a teacher to taddle on someone. Yeah, Chris Henry shouldn't have done it, but was it really worth keeping the confrontation going over $5? Just walk away and let it go.
    Probably a Steeler fan

The Bengals will welcome him back with open arms, regardless of what he does off the field. And who knows? Maybe with him back catching balls they can go 6-10 instead of 4-12.

Turn Off Ads?