Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chris Henry involved in an "incident"

Re: Chris Henry involved in an "incident"

It almost makes me feel sometimes like there are actually people in the city looking to get Chris Henry in trouble...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I hope this doesn't result in any kind of suspension. Chris Henry's on my RedsZone fantasy team, and I'm weak at wide receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    It almost makes me feel sometimes like there are actually people in the city looking to get Chris Henry in trouble...
    They don't have to look far!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    They don't have to look far!

True enough. He makes it awful easy on them. I thought Henry should have been cut after that last run in with the law that he had - not the rent-a-car thing. That was just Exhibit 634 that shows the Bengals are not a disciplined team and if I were a Bengals fan, I would blame Marvin for that.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    ...if I were a Bengals fan, I would blame Marvin for that.
    I am and I do.

I think Henry is a blithering idiot.

The guy has gotten repeatedly suspended from the NFL. The commish continues to bring the hammer down on him even harder. And he responds with this little piece of drama.

If he wants to play, the guy needs to not be even in the same county as any kind of trouble. And anyone with half a brain would know that. He very evidently doesn't get it.

He'll get by this little scrape, but I'll lay you even odds, it's just a matter of time before he's suspended again.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    True enough. He makes it awful easy on them. I thought Henry should have been cut after that last run in with the law that he had - not the rent-a-car thing. That was just Exhibit 634 that shows the Bengals are not a disciplined team and if I were a Bengals fan, I would blame Marvin for that.
    Yep, at some point character has to count for something. It's one thing if a kid screws up, takes his lumps, but dedicates himself to proving that he puts the team first. But when a kid continues to act like a chump, despite knowing that the eyes of the community are on him, it goes to character. And I don't care if he didn't get arrested; if that is the bar the Bengals believe they should be striving for, then they are a lost cause indeed.

Athletes complain they are not role models. No one is asking him to visit sick children or set up a community foundation. But whether he likes it or not, the team Henry plays on is Cincinnati's representative in a national sports enterprise. Whether it's fair or not, that team's performance and the conduct of their players on and off the field has a bearing on how other communities perceive Cincinnati.

He is an embarrassment to the team and the team's tolerance of him damages their reputation and their standing within the NFL as perceived by fans of other towns. I live 150 miles away from Cincinnati, in Colts country, and I'll be the first to tell you that the Bengals are a national joke. I don't wear a Bengals logo, despite being a fan, because I don't want to have be asked why the Bengals are such a clown operation.

Take a stand Mike and Marvin. Send the kid packing. He's an idiot, an extremely talented athlete who doesn't understand the difference between using one's gifts and being god's gift.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

He'll be in prison someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I think most have a problem with someone whose response, during an altercation, is "Do you know who I am?".... as if you are better or above them or the rule of law.

Henry seems to want to learn the wrong way. And he'll be the first to come out with the excuse that he is a "victim" and/or being singled out or picked on. These type of people are oblivious to what is going on.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

It's not his fault that he was blessed with talent, and it's not his fault that he was taught that he can live on talent alone. However, despite it not being his fault, he needs to take responsibility and put it behind him if he wants to achieve what he wants to achieve.

I bet long before he ever saw a football field, he was a victim. Maybe he had bad parenting--or nearly no parenting, for that matter. Maybe he grew up in a rough neighborhood. Maybe he has an undisclosed mental disorder. Maybe it's a combination of many things that we'll never know. Whatever it is, I have sympathy for him because he couldn't control any of that.

What he has lacked his entire life is discipline, and it's probably way too late to teach it to him now. Unless things suddenly click for him in kind of a Josh Hamilton way, he'll probably never be (what we see as) a quality person. I think a lot of us would act similarly if we lacked that much discipline and were freakishly talented. You'll never see me criticize him, and I feel sorry for the people who do criticize him because it problems stems from their own problems, whatever they may be, from ignorance to jealousy to something in between.

Turn Off Ads?