Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Capuano

Chris Capuano

The Brew Crew apparently could move a pitcher according to published reports, and the two names that are being discussed are Dave Bush and Chris Capuano. While he did take a step back this year amid injuries, Capuano would be a great lefty addition to the staff. The question is, what do we offer the Brew Crew?

They have an overabundance of corner infielders and outfielders. Josh Hamilton and Alex Gonzalez are players that could be a fit here. They are definitely lacking on defense up the middle. Would Alex Gonzalez and Drew Stubbs be enough to get them to part with Capuano? I would make an offer.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Re: Chris Capuano

I want no part of Bush.

But Capuano--heck yes. A left-handed Matt Belisle is worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    The Brew Crew apparently could move a pitcher according to published reports, and the two names that are being discussed are Dave Bush and Chris Capuano. While he did take a step back this year amid injuries, Capuano would be a great lefty addition to the staff. The question is, what do we offer the Brew Crew?

They have an overabundance of corner infielders and outfielders. Josh Hamilton and Alex Gonzalez are players that could be a fit here. They are definitely lacking on defense up the middle. Would Alex Gonzalez and Drew Stubbs be enough to get them to part with Capuano? I would make an offer.
    The Brewers need pitching. I don't think they match up with Cincinnati.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Capuano was Milton-esque in 2007. You'd have to think maybe he isn't completely healthy.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The Brewers need pitching. I don't think they match up with Cincinnati.
    From Ken Rosenthal's column today:

The Indians and Brewers have an excess of starters. Names that could hit the market include Cliff Lee, Dave Bush, and Chris Capuano. The Nationals have their eye on Lee. He came up as an Expo through Double A.
    Go BLUE!!!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I just went back to see Capuano's stats. The Brewers lost every single game he pitched in after May 7. 22 games. Of course, it wasn't all his fault, but talk about bad luck.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Capuano was Milton-esque in 2007. You'd have to think maybe he isn't completely healthy.
    Buy low. Gonzalez and Stubbs for Capuano does make a lot of sense both ways. Maybe throw in Freel to hold Jenkins' spot until LaPorta is ready or Braun moves out there. They could use some speed on the basepaths. Give em some $$ along with Freel if need be.
    Go BLUE!!!

How is buying low trading a valuable shortstop and one of your better prospects for a guy?

The Reds have an abcess of starters.

The Indians yes the Brewers no. They really struggled down the stretch. Quality over Quantity
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    How is buying low trading a valuable shortstop and one of your better prospects for a guy?
    It is buying a lefthanded pitcher who has been very productive at the ML level after a season where he was bothered by (non-pitching arm) injuries and he maybe didn't have his best stuff.

It is selling high on a SS who had his best year offensively, and is replaceable. I can easily live without Drew Stubbs if it nets the Reds a legitimate #3 starter, as could probably every poster on this board with the possible exception of you and Austin Kearns.

Doug, buying low means acquiring an asset when it is at a relatively low value.
    Go BLUE!!!

I see Capuano as having 1 good season an average season and a below average season over the last 3.... I don't know if thats exactly buying low just becuase he is coming off a bad season when he only has had 1 good season.

As far as Gonzo goes, who replaces him at SS?

I see Capuano as having 1 good season an average season and a below average season over the last 3.... I don't know if thats exactly buying low just becuase he is coming off a bad season when he only has had 1 good season.
    Um, both his 2005 and 2006 were very similar to the Reds current #2, Bronson Arroyo.

As far as Gonzo goes, who replaces him at SS?
    Jeff Keppinger
    Last edited by Benihana; 11-08-2007 at 03:28 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Jeff Keppinger
    So all of our pitchers become worse becuase of a bad range shortstop?

Buy low. Gonzalez and Stubbs for Capuano does make a lot of sense both ways. Maybe throw in Freel to hold Jenkins' spot until LaPorta is ready or Braun moves out there. They could use some speed on the basepaths. Give em some $$ along with Freel if need be.
    Sorry dude, who do you think Capuano is? You would be VERY dissapointed with the return for that.

FCB, it is funny that you mention Cap being a LH Belisle, because I think Bush is almost identical to Belisle. Hard cutter that he loves to use on LH, though it is kind of a ****er (Slid/cut). His throws a two seamer with some good action though.

EDIT: Ok, appearantly I can't say the name of a pitch because it has four letters that spell out another word for a loose female.
    Last edited by TOBTTReds; 11-08-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Sorry dude, who do you think Capuano is? You would be VERY dissapointed with the return for that.

FCB, it is funny that you mention Cap being a LH Belisle, because I think Bush is almost identical to Belisle. Hard cutter that he loves to use on LH, though it is kind of a ****er (Slid/cut). His throws a two seamer with some good action though.

EDIT: Ok, appearantly I can't say the name of a pitch because it has four letters that spell out another word for a loose female.
    It's funny that half of your pitch description got dumped.

Fun with the filters time.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?