3. Brent Musberger
    4. Brent Musberger
    5. Brent Musberger
    6. Brent Musberger
    7. Brent Musberger
    8. Brent Musberger

That pretty much sums it up for me.

What's the matter with Brent, pardner?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Worst Announcers

1. Billy Packer
    2. Tim McCarver
    3. Gus Johnson (you don't have to scream over every play)
    4. Hawk Harrelson
    5. Tom Paciorek
    6. Al Hrabosky
    7. Bill Walton
    Reds Fan Since 1971

1. Stu Scott
    He used to be good but he has become a very very bad ESPN figure head. His time has past and it is time for him to fade off into the sunset.
    2. Mike Patrick
    Most people like him, I dont. He picks a side and announces games with a bias. He is a Duke homer and ACC homer who I was glad to see off the spotlight games.
    3. Lou Holtz
    Are you kidding me. Appy state didn't upset UM they were the favorite, his pep talks, his english has gone down hill fast. For goodness sake lou quit tarnishing your legacy and retire.
    4. Chip Carey/any baseball post season announcer.
    I agree that Chip was almost unbearable to listen to but so was the rest of the MLB post season.
    5. Keyshawn Johnson and Berman
    Berman used to be cool. Keyshawn can you say the word hypocrate?
    6.Madden
    I just don't his voice. I think he knows his stuff but he goes overboard sometimes.
    7. Vitale
    He goes away in March is the only reason he isn't much higher. I appreciate his love for college basketball but that gets skewed quite a bit because he talks non stop about Duke.
    8. Grande
    Im gald he wasn't on the TV for as much this season as in the past

My Favorites
    1 Herbstreit and Fowler
    Gameday is one of my favorite shows to watch and they both are very professional
    2. Scott Van Pelt
    He does his job very well.
    3. Tirico
    Always have liked him thought he does a good job of announcing the game without taking sides.
    4. Keith Jackson
    Can't you come out of retirement again?
    5. Dan Shulman (sp?)
    He does a heck of a job with ESPN baseball.
    6. Bob Costas
    He can be smug and arrogant but I think he does a good job of staying in the middle.
    7. Gus Jackson
    He is excitable but always seems to get the exciting games. I woud much rather listen to someone who gets excited over someone who just likes to talk.

When all is said and done more is said than done.

I had forgotten about Keith Jackson with him being retired. I know this won't be the popular opinion, but I couldn't stand him. He was as biased as biased could be toward his beloved Wolverines. It was unprofessional the way he just slobbered over them the entire game. Plus his whole "Whoa Nellie, here comes another home-spun country colloquialism!" schtick never really worked for me.

Because baseball is my favorite sport, my list starts and ends with McCarver. Many of the others listed above are bad, but I can get through them by basically just not watching. But Tim is always on the big game telecast just making a fool of himself.

And by the way, I hated Steve Carlton when he was a player.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    1. Stu Scott
    He used to be good but he has become a very very bad ESPN figure head. His time has past and it is time for him to fade off into the sunset.
    2. Mike Patrick
    Most people like him, I dont. He picks a side and announces games with a bias. He is a Duke homer and ACC homer who I was glad to see off the spotlight games.
    3. Lou Holtz
    Are you kidding me. Appy state didn't upset UM they were the favorite, his pep talks, his english has gone down hill fast. For goodness sake lou quit tarnishing your legacy and retire.
    4. Chip Carey/any baseball post season announcer.
    I agree that Chip was almost unbearable to listen to but so was the rest of the MLB post season.
    5. Keyshawn Johnson and Berman
    Berman used to be cool. Keyshawn can you say the word hypocrate?
    6.Madden
    I just don't his voice. I think he knows his stuff but he goes overboard sometimes.
    7. Vitale
    He goes away in March is the only reason he isn't much higher. I appreciate his love for college basketball but that gets skewed quite a bit because he talks non stop about Duke.
    8. Grande
    Im gald he wasn't on the TV for as much this season as in the past
    Good list. Mike Patrick has become a joke. Say HOLY COW just one time. He does gush over one team it seems. But I always kind of thought he was just following momentum. Could be wrong. His delivery is what irritates me.

Lou Hotlz is a good one too. At least he isn't on very often. Some have listed Mark May and I hear that too. But May knows his stuff. He rarely is wrong on his picks. But yeah, he is a putz.

I like Herbstreit too. He is really good. I actually like Lee Corso too. I know a lot don't. I think Gameday is helped by his energy. Fowler is as good as it gets. His play by play skills are never going to match his studio skills but he is a total pro and a talented one at that.

I like Flutie but do not like Craig James. He really needs the studio IMO. Last night he talked about a couple of things that even Fowler couldn't follow and he butchered the replay of a TD call.

"You are looking live .... at ......." Brent is cheesy but I get fired up when I hear that.

And Madden? Past his prime, no doubt.

How could I forget Mike Patrick?!?. He has to be no lower than number three on my list. He is the pits as PBP announcer. Every play and player is "great" according to him not to mention he's just plain bad.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

For me my top two worst announcers would be Grande and Madden, in no particular order. Madden rambles worse than anybody I have ever heard in my life. Grande has man crushes on quite a few players.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Grande has man crushes on quite a few players.
    Has that been mentioned on Redszone before?

Anyway, back on the topic:

GOOD
    Joe Nuxhall (mid-70s - late 80s)
    Marty Brennaman (when he is doing actual play-by-play)
    Thom Brennaman (occasionally)
    Johnny Bench
    Joe Morgan

BAD
    Joe Nuxhall (late 90s-present)
    Marty Brennaman (most of the time)
    Thom Brenneman (when he bashes players like his dad)
    Steve Stewart (no explanation needed)
    Andy MacWilliams (mid 80s occasionally on reds radio)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Tom Hamilton is the baseball equivalent to Gus Johnson. "BALL THREE!" Sorry Tom, it's not actually that exciting.
    You're right about that. Hamilton seems to call every game for the Indians like its the bottom of the 9th of Game 7 of the World Series. The man needs to try some decaf. Listening to a whole game gives me a headache.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

I know that many of you don't follow hockey, but I would like to suggest Dave Mishkin, play by play man of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Wait for the 47 second mark of the link, and be prepared for your ears to bleed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GV6YIVGXs4E

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Has that been mentioned on Redszone before?

Anyway, back on the topic:

GOOD
    Joe Nuxhall (mid-70s - late 80s)
    Marty Brennaman (when he is doing actual play-by-play)
    Thom Brennaman (occasionally)
    Johnny Bench
    Joe Morgan

BAD
    Joe Nuxhall (late 90s-present)
    Marty Brennaman (most of the time)
    Thom Brenneman (when he bashes players like his dad)
    Steve Stewart (no explanation needed)
    Andy MacWilliams (mid 80s occasionally on reds radio)
    I personally like Steve Stewart. He just didn't fit into that group. I agree Thom is terrible when he tries to be like his dad. Nuxall isn't fast enough to call a game on the radio anymore. Half the time he doesn't even know what's happening.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bruce View Post
    I know that many of you don't follow hockey, but I would like to suggest Dave Mishkin, play by play man of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Wait for the 47 second mark of the link, and be prepared for your ears to bleed.
    That was flat out awful. When you hear that for the first time your reaction would have to be, gee, I didn't realize the Lighting won Game 7 of the Stanley Cup in 48 overtimes.

No reason to announce like that. You can get excited as you want but you have to be audible

Some other canidates on that tape as well. I liked the guy who called the goals like he was announcing the date for a bean super. Reminds me of somene else who should be on this list. He does play by play for an AL team:

HR for his team "You can put it on the board, YEEEEESSSSSS.

HR by Manny Ramirez: "Pitch to Manny.(15 seconds of silence) Ortiz steps in."

Hawk Harrelson.

I actually like Hawk. He's so awful that he's funny. Or maybe I just have a really strange sense of humor. I'm sure he'd drive me nuts if I had to listen to him all the time, though.

For some reason, I really like Josh Lewin. His voice is a little annoying, but he's very balanced and he makes sense.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?