Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: OSU - Illinois

OSU - Illinois

Why didn't Tressel thrown the flag on that fumble by Illinois? It was OBVIOUSLY a fumble. And it was one that looked like a fumble in real time as well.

I'm sure OBM is fuming at what a bad call that was. He just hates bad calls.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OSU - Illinois

I'm not watching the OSU game so I missed it.

I can't believe I have to sit here and listen to Paul McGuire for the entire game. He's the guy I forgot in the "worst commentator" thread. He's about as bad as they come.

I've already counted 3 "I'm a tell you what"s, and I "let me tell you something."
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I can't believe I have to sit here and listen to Paul McGuire for the entire game. He's the guy I forgot in the "worst commentator" thread. He's about as bad as they come.
    Did you hear him in the pre-game call Williams an EXCELLENT passer?? I couldn't believe what I heard.

Wells scores 14-7 now.

I was in the bathroom when Illinois scored. Nature called.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm not watching the OSU game so I missed it.
    So did the ref. :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Alabama lost to Mississippi State.

Ruh-roh. 14-14. I'm a little worried about OSU's defense the last few weeks. Manningham could have a big day next week.

Illnois scores after the INT.

14-14 game.

I still say OSU will win this game because Illinois has no pass defense at all.

But OSU's defense is gradually being exposed IMO.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-10-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Very lethargic effort so far.

Oooh, nasty looking hit.

THank God the Illinois receivers are dropping the ball.

Very lethargic effort so far.

Oooh, nasty looking hit.
    It was; but the defender is the one left lying on the field and shaken up.

So what does he do after he regains consciousness? celebrates!

Ruh-roh. 14-14. I'm a little worried about OSU's defense the last few weeks. Manningham could have a big day next week.
    When you have a talented QB and skill position players, the spread offense is hard to defend. Today's game poses a nice look-see (warmup?) for a multi-dimensional offense, like Oregon.

Good to see Beanie back in there. The running game just isn't nearly as good with Maurice Wells--I can't recall the last time I saw Maurice shake a tackle.

The O-line, as always, has been stellar in the first quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    When you have a talented QB and skill position players, the spread offense is hard to defend. Today's game poses a nice look-see (warmup?) for a multi-dimensional offense, like Oregon.
    I personally think Oregon would destroy us. That team scares me.

It may as well be Juice Newton back there. Williams stinks as a QB. The guy can't even lead his receivers on short (screen) passes.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I personally think Oregon would destroy us. That team scares me.
    It would be a shootout, that's for sure. OSU would have to be willing to play at the shootout pace, something Oregon has been accustomed to doing all year.

It depends. If Tressel is willing to accept the fast pace and the OSU defense doesn't get gassed, I think they could match up pretty well with Oregon.

Turn Off Ads?