Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Crap! Left my Buckeyes jersey in the dryer too long...

Crap! Left my Buckeyes jersey in the dryer too long...

It's a replica style jersey, so now that screened on 7 on the back is cracking and peeling...

Any tips to remedy this?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Crap! Left my Buckeyes jersey in the dryer too long...

So that's why they lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

For a Level Playing Field

Only solution that I know of... have to buy a new one or wear a cracked/peeled number. Lost my 1st Carson Plamer jersey b/c of this. 1st time my wife tried doing my laundry and didn't realize jerseys like this must hang dry out of the washer. I didn't get mad at her, but gave her a nice-guy jersey-laundering 101 lesson.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So that's why they lost.
    Maybe it also explains why they fell to the rank they did in the polls?
    /r/reds

I was an idiot and put my footjoy 100% waterproof jacket in the dryer. It cost 150 bucks. I play a lot of golf and I also wear it to football games. It was great...key word WAS.

I was playing golf this year and it started to rain, after about 15 minutes I noticed the water was not "beading up" it was being absorded. The heat of the dryer ruined the gortex waterproof magic. I took it home and sprayed it a couple of times with scotch guard. It works OK but I have to keep spraying it after every rain exposure.

I will never dry anything valuable again...leason learned the hard way. I should of read the inside instructions.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    It's a replica style jersey, so now that screened on 7 on the back is cracking and peeling...

Any tips to remedy this?
    Forget about OSU and starting rooting for the better team, The Cincinnati Bearcats.

My sacred concert t-shirts don't go in the dryer either - dryers destroy clothes.

I wish I had a wife who did my laundry though. Does that come with the wedding ring? I am weighing my options.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    My sacred concert t-shirts don't go in the dryer either - dryers destroy clothes.

I wish I had a wife who did my laundry though. Does that come with the wedding ring? I am weighing my options.
    I hear you can mail-order those now. No wedding rings attached.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Depends. Do you enjoy some of the other "favors" that would come out of a marriage union?

I've only been married 12 years, but I've learned that dish washing and laundry ain't bad and it can go a long way.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I discovered that it's actually the washing machine doing a number on my clothes. Now that we've replace our top loading machine that had the agitator in the middle with a front loader, I don't seem to have my clothes fraying on the edges as much.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Laundry machine nomenclature = foreign to me. But I've been doing my own for many years, and good clothes don't touch my dryer (more than anything dryers fade colors and break down fabric as well as fade designs etc..,). But I guess an agitator would break up fabric/threads also.

I just get jealous when I hear all of my friends' wives doing laundry for them - I have a live-in and she doesn't do it - but wants to get married and I'm weighing the pros and cons. I clean more than she does - something I need to deal with I guess.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Always turn jersey's inside out and hang dry them.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    "But that's a good thing, not a bad thing."

I don't mean to make light of your pain(well maybe a little), I just don't like the Buckeyes.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?