Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS 2007 Discussion Thread

Re: BCS 2007 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    If Kansas beats Mizz, then loses to Oklahoma, and West Virgina loses to UConn....would Kansas still get the "nod" at the national championship game?
    If it didn't happen last year with OSU/Michigan, it's never happening. Add in the Nebraska mess from several years ago, and I doubt you'll see a team that didn't win its conference/last game playing for the title ever again, either. You would probably see either USC, LSU, Oklahoma, or Georgia in the game.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

2. Turn Off Ads?

Boy I have to say I actually have come to like the BCS, I hated with a passion the old system of conference champs being locked into bowl games.

Short of a playoff, that we will NEVER have, the bcs rocks
    Go Gators!

The Hawaii-Boise State has been very entertaining. I love watching WAC football, especially Hawaii. Hawaii has yet to the run the ball all night and we're in the 4th quarter. Not once with the RB. Colt Brennan has throw for 456 yards and 5 TD's through 3 quarters. Hawaii should get a BCS bowl bid IMO if they hang on to beat Boise State tonight and then beat Washington next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Hawaii-Boise State has been very entertaining. I love watching WAC football, especially Hawaii. Hawaii has yet to the run the ball all night and we're in the 4th quarter. Not once with the RB. Colt Brennan has throw for 456 yards and 5 TD's through 3 quarters. Hawaii should get a BCS bowl bid IMO if they hang on to beat Boise State tonight and then beat Washington next Saturday.

Eat
    Spam
    Potato
    Nation

Yeah Hawaii!!!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

If I were a highly rated QB or WR I would love to play for Hawaii. June Junes is a great coach, they throw the ball 70 times a game, and Hawaii has to be the most beautiful place in the US.

The BCS runs through Kansas City this year. Who woulda thunk it?

Look for me during the broadcast tonight. I'll be the guy in the Jayhawks sweatshirt holding an "I Heart Paige Laurie" sign.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I was in Columbus yesterday - yeah, my wife talked me into taking her shopping/out to eat - and we were at the Polaris mall. I could see I wasn't the only husband dragged into it either. As the women were hitting the sales, men were huddled around every TV set they could find watching the LSU-Arkansas game.

I picked Arkansas to win this game simply because LSU's defense is simply terrible. When they gave up 450+ total yards to Ol' Miss, right then and there I knew this was not a #1 team. They were "chompin' at their bits", hoping and praying for an OSU loss.

What a screwy year this has been. When you make #1, somehow you find a way to play like #2 (if you know what I mean). Being "crowned" #1 is almost like being cursed.

And why is this loss kinda sweet for me? Nothing against LSU, the SEC, our their fans. I think they are the better conference right now. But when OSU was #1, all I heard from ESPN and all the "experts", was how they didn't deserve to be there, and that somehow LSU was the "true" #1.

No team with two losses has ever played in the national title game; but again, what a topsy turvy year this has been.

Who should be in the NC game? Heck I don't know! Flip a coin. Whichever team reaches No. 1, it'll be the fourth top-ranked team in this season of instability. The last season with four No. 1s was 1997. Right now, IMO, it should be WVU and the winner of today's Kansas-Missouri game. But if the winner of that game gets beat next week by OKlahoma, then isn't the pretty obvious choice then OSU?

And what happens if Connecticut somehow happens to beat WVU? On paper one could say it ain't gonna happen - I think the Huskies are going to have a hard time with QB White and the option-attack. Huskie coach Edsall plays a conservative approach (Committed to the run, pass efficiency, no turnovers). They aren't flashy. It SHOULD be an easy win for the Mountaineers at home. I said SHOULD.

That lone OSU loss to Illinois stings even more right now. Damn!
    Last edited by GAC; 11-24-2007 at 05:43 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by FIRELEFT View Post
    What happens when LSU gets beat by Arkansas.(it's my dream, don't wake me up yet)
    Am I awake or still dreaming
    "Pitching is the art of instilling fear."
    Sandy Koufax

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    The BCS runs through Kansas City this year. Who woulda thunk it?

Look for me during the broadcast tonight. I'll be the guy in the Jayhawks sweatshirt holding an "I Heart Paige Laurie" sign.
    Mmmm... "Paige Arena..."

Can Oklahoma do it again? They beat Missouri in October 41-31.

All I know is, that as a Buckeye fan, on Dec 1st I'm gonna take the "S" out of OSU.....

I don't think WVU, at home, is going to have a bit of trouble with Pitt next week.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-25-2007 at 10:13 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

BOOMER SOONERS!!!!!
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Boy I have to say I actually have come to like the BCS, I hated with a passion the old system of conference champs being locked into bowl games.

Short of a playoff, that we will NEVER have, the bcs rocks
    Yes, the one positive concerning the BCS is that almost EVERY regular season game is like a playoff game.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

LSU is still ranked in the top 5 despite losing to two unranked teams? Wow. LSU drops four spots with a loss to unranked Arkansas and ASU drops SEVEN spots after losing to top ten USC. These clueless pollsters are ruining college football.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 11-25-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    LSU is still ranked in the top 5 despite losing to two unranked teams? Wow. LSU drops four spots with a loss to unranked Arkansas and ASU drops SEVEN spots after losing to top ten USC. These idiot pollsters are ruining college football.
    That's the AP poll, which I don't think is affiliated with the BCS anymore, so it doesn't matter. LSU is 7th in the coaches poll.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

More hilarious observations:

8-4 Auburn is ranked yet 9-3 South Florida isn't despite South Florida beating Auburn AND having one less loss. Way to go guys, that makes sense.

Turn Off Ads?