Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS 2007 Discussion Thread

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: BCS 2007 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Perhaps they do the night before but not for several days like Oregon would be doing.
    Chip, MR is right on this one. Playing in a bowl isn't like a typical road game where they can show up whenever they want. The bowl tells the team when it's supposed to arrive in town, and once there, it's about organized events and photo ops and all that stuff. There's a team hotel, and even the practice times and sites are scripted in advance. It's just part of the deal, even if the bowl is down the road from school.

LSU would have a considerable home-crowd advantage in New Orleans, to be sure, but the week-before stuff tends to otherwise minimize the advantages of proximity.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, there goes Oregon's season. Dennis Dixon just re-injured his knee and it looked bad. It just wasn't meant to be for Oregon. They were looking like the best team in the nation but injuries have completely destroyed them. Jeremiah Johnson, Brian Paysinger, Cameron Colvin , and now Dixon are gone to injuries. Those are four of their biggest playmakers. I don't see them winning out now without Dixon.

That's too bad. He's a fun player to watch and is the Heisman winner, IMO, even if he doesn't play another down.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

That dropped TD pass in the endzone not only cost Oregon a TD and a 15-0 lead but it also cost them Dixon. He would have been on the sideline watching his defense at the time, though it's impossible to tell whether or not if he would've injured the knee later in the game.

It makes me sick that a school like Oklahoma will probably reach the NC this season. Oregon has no chance at winning this game. Brady Leaf is one of the worst QB's I have seen. He's awful. Oregon has no chance with him at QB.

The Ducks D should get the blame here, looks like Mike Stoops has someones number
    Go Gators!

The Ducks D has been on the field a lot because of a dropped TD pass for an INT plus Brady Leaf sucks which means the Ducks defense is on the field. They are just an average team without Dixon. With him, they are the best team I've seen this year.

I would honestly bring in Justin Roper, the 3rd string QB. He's a young guy with decent potential. Leaf is awful.

Pac-10 refs strike again. Clearly there was a block in the back there on the ount return and yet they don't call it. I'm sick and tired of horrible officiating this year.

This is all going to get very ugly. If Ohio State wins tomorrow, WVU wins out and if whoever comes out of the Big 12 isn't Kansas. This will turn into another beauty contest. Oklahoma lost to Colorado, Ohio State lost to Illinois, and West Virginia lost to South Florida. Oklahoma has the worst loss. I would say that Illinois is probably better than South Florida at this juncture. LSU lost to Kentucky but they are a strong number one, but they could still get knocked off again. Don't forget about Hawaii and Georgia. Missouri is also muddying the waters. My head hurts.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Oklahoma will move to #2 in the polls with a win over Texas Tech, and now they control their own destiny for the national championship.

So does Kansas.

So does Missouri.

If any of those three teams win out, they should earn the chance to face LSU.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Can you say split Natl Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Oklahoma will move to #2 in the polls with a win over Texas Tech, and now they control their own destiny for the national championship.

So does Kansas.

So does Missouri.

If any of those three teams win out, they should earn the chance to face LSU.
    But why? What has LSU done to show they are the #1 team in the nation? Right now the only team that has a legit claim to be in the championship game if they win out is Kansas. Other than that no one is more deserving than anyone else. The only reason LSU is #1 is because they were ranked there at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    But why? What has LSU done to show they are the #1 team in the nation? Right now the only team that has a legit claim to be in the championship game if they win out is Kansas. Other than that no one is more deserving than anyone else. The only reason LSU is #1 is because they were ranked there at the start of the season.
    Not true at all. They blew out a highly ranked Virginia Tech team in the OOC. No other contender has a win like that OOC. If they win their conference, they deserve to go.

The winner of the Big 12, provided they only have one loss, deserves to go because they would have beaten a top team late in the year. OSU, ASU and WVU haven't beaten one all year, in conference or OOC. ASU can beat USC on Thursday and jump ahead of OSU and WVU in that regard.

The BCS will absolutely get it right this year with no real argument. Unless all the Big 12 teams lose and the last spot comes down to WVU, ASU, and OSU. Then someone with a good case will get left out. But I'd be shocked if that happens.
    Last edited by guttle11; 11-16-2007 at 11:38 AM.

We could have BCS bowl games with Michigan, Arizona State, Tennessee, Virginia, Cincinnati, and Hawaii.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

What happens when LSU gets beat by Arkansas.(it's my dream, don't wake me up yet)

Turn Off Ads?