Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Nuxhall Passes Away

Re: Joe Nuxhall Passes Away

My wife and I met Joe a few years ago at the Reds HOF on the day Eric Davis and Jose Rijo were inducted.

I told him how I used to plan my trips home from college so that I would be on the road while games were on just so I could listen to him and Marty. He thanked me for listening and being a fan, then said something to my wife about hoping the Reds could win one for us that day. Well, my wife grew up in DC and is a huge Orioles fan.

I told Joe that she was one of "them" and probably wasn't hoping for a Reds win. He just smiled and said, "As long as she's a fan of baseball, that's alright."

Simply a class act and a true franchise great.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Certainly sad to hear about Joe's passing. He without a doubt will be missed.

RIP Nuxie. We will miss you.

Gary Redus Ruled

Aw geez...terrible news. Nuxie we will miss you. RIP sir.
    Hoping for another Reds October

A very sad day. We will all miss the old Left-Hander. Rest in Peace, Joe.

got alil captain in u?

as stated before joe has rounded third and headed for home for the final time. we'll miss ya joe. you'll be calling reds games from that big press box in the sky.

A few years back I met him in a hotel lobby in Pitt. It was the last year that he did road games. He was hardly getting around, he signed a baseball for me, but had to stop and lean up against a pillar. It seemed like he was 7 feet tall, and had huge hands. To me he seemed like a Herman Munster type. Larger than life, but a kind gentle type inside.

He was very friendly to my wife and I, and I guarantee there are 1,000 more stories like mine.

Man, had high hopes of him recovering, so sad to come in this morning and hear the news, hard not to have a tear pop in your eye. No need to round 3'rd anymore, your home now Joe, and I hope everyone up there enjoys your stories. Great loss of a great man!

It was never, "turn on the Reds game." It was always "turn on Marty and Joe." I have no idea how many times I fell asleep laying in the middle of the floor with the earphones on, listening to the West Coast games and my mom would have to wake me up.

Joe was Reds baseball to a lot of us. He was a bigger fan than most anyone, and he didn't have to apologize for it. God bless you, Nuxie. Listening to the game just ain't the same with out you.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I heard this when I first got up this morning and it was like a kick in the stomach.

Some good stuff concerning Mr. Nuxhall today on 700WLW.

LISTEN LIVE:

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/streaming.html

EDIT:
    Some more on Joe via the WLW website:

http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/news...rticle=2941512
    Last edited by goreds2; 11-16-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Pics Joe Nuxhall 1928-2007

http://thep03.sytes.net/reds_gallery...ll%201928-2007

Feel free to add your favorite Joe Nuxhall pics to this thread of ones I don't have in my gallery.
    Last edited by robmadden1; 11-16-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Re: Pics Joe Nuxhall 1928-2007

Great pictures. THANKS!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Thank God Steves Gone

It will never be the same. Joe was an awesome radio analyst, he loved the reds more than anyone in the world. He was a man I wish I had had the opportunity to meet. Someday I hope I will

God Bless The Ol' Lefty

RIP

Pics from News Conference on the passing of Joe Nuxhall - Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm only 29 so I guess compared to some here I haven't experienced as much of Joe as some. I grew up without cable tv throughout my childhood and teens until I went to college. Growing up there were few nights where I didn't fall asleep listening to Marty and Joe or lie awake awaiting those west coast games that didn't start until 10:00pm. Even though you didn't know him personally he felt like family. Selfishly there are some days that we hope never come and this is one of those days. Rest in peace Joe. You will be missed.
    Last edited by SidneySlicker; 11-16-2007 at 01:17 PM.

Turn Off Ads?