Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Michigan vs. Ohio State: The Rivalry (on HBO)

Re: Michigan vs. Ohio State: The Rivalry (on HBO)

Tech goes three and out as Oklahoma uses up all their timeouts. 4:08 remaining in the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

LMAO at TT defense.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turnover on downs again with 3:10 left. Tech just needs to run in out...

One of these days pollsters will realize that Oklahoma just isn't that good.

Ultimately, I think it's going to come down to Ohio State and West Virginia playing against LSU. It's just a matter of who the pollsters like more. I don't think it's a clear cut case.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

TD Oklahoma. 34-27 with 31 seconds left.

Tech recovers the onside kick. Take a knee and the game is over, though I'm sure Leach will pull off the fake kneel and throw a hail mary.

Gunz up for Zorro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Texas Tech upsets #4 Oklahoma 34-27!

I have to give Herbstreit credit here. In the College Gameday show he predicted Texas Tech would upset Oklahoma. I thought he was nuts. He has a pretty good record of calling these types of upsets.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Starting in 2009, the Big 10 rivalry games will happen a week later.

http://www.ohionewsnow.com/?sec=spor...998338870.html

OSU v. Michigan To Move Back A Week
    Statewide
    Dec 11 2007 11:14AM

Cleveland, Ohio - Thanksgiving leftovers and the Ohio State-Michigan game could become a new tradition.

The Big Ten will move to a 13-week schedule beginning in 2009, pushing the rivalry game and the rest of the conference's schedule to the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Big Ten school presidents voted to support a 13-week schedule on Dec. 2, spokesman Scott Chipman said. That will allow teams one week off during the 12-game regular season.

Since the NCAA adopted a 12-game schedule in 2006, many Big Ten coaches have been calling for a bye week to give coaches and players a mental and physical break instead of three straight months of football.

Other coaches, including Ohio State's Jim Tressel and retiring Michigan coach Lloyd Carr, supported the Big Ten tradition of ending the season before Thanksgiving, though no other conference in college football finishes as early.

"I really like the fact our players and coaches can go home for Thanksgiving," Tressel said on Nov. 20, three days after the Michigan game and two days before Thanksgiving.

"We ask so much of these kids, to train all year long, and for them to get four days to just be kids with their parents, I put a lot of value on that," Tressel said.

In the end, it was money that won out over tradition. The 12th game allows most major schools an extra home game, and Ohio State turns a $4 million to $5 million profit off each game at Ohio Stadium in Columbus.

The move to after Thanksgiving isn't unprecedented.

Since President Franklin Roosevelt signed legislation in 1941 that officially decreed the fourth Thursday of November as Thanksgiving, the Ohio State-Michigan game has been played after Thanksgiving 16 times, but only four times in the past 29 years.

The most recent was in 2001.

Chipman said teams may choose to move a game to after Thanksgiving next year if it is cleared through the Big Ten, but Ohio State won't be changing its schedule. Though conference schedules have been set through 2011, the presidents instructed the league office to start adjusting the schedules in 2009.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?