Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

  1. #1
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,507

    NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    HAHAHAHAHAHA Matt, did you post this article on 4:20 on purpose?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  4. #3
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,336

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA Matt, did you post this article on 4:20 on purpose?!?!

    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  5. #4
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,507

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Nice


  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    .....And Odell Thurman sits on the sidelines. Why make an example out of a LB with one year in the league arrested for a DUI and not a guy who constantly gets caught for drug abuse. Thurman will now sit out at least 2 seasons while even the judge on his case says he has shown himself to be mature and compliant, two things Ricky has never shown.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 11-14-2007 at 04:42 PM.

  7. #6
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,572

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    How long before Ricky is gone gain?
    Go Gators!

  8. #7
    The Mad Monk Jaycint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    .....And Odell Thurman sits on the sidelines. Why make an example out of a LB with one year in the league arrested for a DUI and not a guy who constantly gets caught for drug abuse. Thurman will now sit out at least 2 seasons while even the judge on his case says he has shown himself to be mature and compliant, two things Ricky has never shown.
    I really think there has to be other stuff at play in Thurman's case. If the DUI were his only offense in the time span of his first suspension I think he would be on the field right now. As far as his compliance with the judge's orders from the DUI case, he may be completely fine, but something else unrelated must have happened that we just don't know about.

  9. #8
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint View Post
    I really think there has to be other stuff at play in Thurman's case. If the DUI were his only offense in the time span of his first suspension I think he would be on the field right now. As far as his compliance with the judge's orders from the DUI case, he may be completely fine, but something else unrelated must have happened that we just don't know about.
    Maybe, but consider a couple things:

    1.) Not one word has ever been made public about the commisioner's decision. Why would he withhold information that justifies his decision? It only makes him look worse, conveying the image of the arbitrary iron fist, and he (or his PR people) has to know that.

    2.) Odell and his lawyers have taken his case to court under a violation of The Disabilties Act. His defense is that he is being held out of work as direct result of his alcoholism, which is considered a mental illness. I don't see why he would actually take a case like that to trial if he knew that the commisioner knew there were other reasons why he was suspended (or not reinstated) for another year.

    Having said all that, Odell Thurman isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and I wouldn't put getting into further trouble past him. However, everything I've read or heard on the situation has either directly states or suggests he's been on the straight and narrow.

  10. #9
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,336

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Maybe, but consider a couple things:

    1.) Not one word has ever been made public about the commisioner's decision. Why would he withhold information that justifies his decision? It only makes him look worse, conveying the image of the arbitrary iron fist, and he (or his PR people) has to know that.

    It only makes him look bad to the partisan fans of the Bengals. To everyone else the Iron Fist Commissioner plays pretty well in the media and the public. He's not coddling these druggie/boozer millionaires, especially the repeat violators.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  11. #10
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    28,138

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Ricky's reinstated? I wonder what he'll do to celebrate?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

    I'm witchcrafting everybody.

  12. #11
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA Matt, did you post this article on 4:20 on purpose?!?!

    Granted, it has been a long day...

    but did I miss something about the meaning of that particular time?

    I was thinking, perhaps, that 4 to 20 was his sentence if he tested positive again....
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  13. #12
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It only makes him look bad to the partisan fans of the Bengals. To everyone else the Iron Fist Commissioner plays pretty well in the media and the public. He's not coddling these druggie/boozer millionaires, especially the repeat violators.
    Agreed he's made to look good in the media re: Pacman, Chris Henry, and Tank Johnson. However, I still keep in touch with several friends from college, all of them fans of teams not named the Bengals. Invariably, they agree that Odell got screwed. Even my good friend who happens to be a Steelers fan said he was shocked Thurman didn't get back in, and even more confused as to why no reason was given for the snub. The Odell situation hasn't made national headlines (unfortunately, IMO), but that's not to suggest NFL fans haven't taken notice.

  14. #13
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Granted, it has been a long day...

    but did I miss something about the meaning of that particular time?

    I was thinking, perhaps, that 4 to 20 was his sentence if he tested positive again....
    Blimp, you square!!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4:20

    "Hey, it's 4:19... Gotta minute?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  15. #14
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Blimp, you square!!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4:20

    "Hey, it's 4:19... Gotta minute?"
    Guilty as charged....

    Dude, as God as my witness, I have never heard of that reference before in my life.

    What is most puzzling to me about my ignorance to that phrase is that my watch stayed stuck on 4:20 for more than a few semesters in college.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  16. #15
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: NFL reinstates Ricky Williams...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Guilty as charged....

    Dude, as God as my witness, I have never heard of that reference before in my life.

    What is most puzzling to me about my ignorance to that phrase is that my watch stayed stuck on 4:20 for more than a few semesters in college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25