Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds #1 Prospect?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jay Bruce

109 89.34%
  • Homer Bailey

8 6.56%
  • Johnny Cueto

2 1.64%
  • Joey Votto

2 1.64%
  • Travis Wood

0 0%
  • Todd Frazier

0 0%
  • Matt Maloney

0 0%
  • Devin Mesoraco

0 0%
  • Josh Roenicke

0 0%
  • Drew Stubbs

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

1 0.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Community Prospect vote: #1

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Redszone Community Prospect vote: #1

Steve Kelly just became a free agent, so this was an easy choice for me: Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow, 52 votes and I'm the first to pick Bailey. Wouldn't have expected that. Personally I just put a little higher premium on a stud pitcher than a stud position player. And I'm not going to penalize him for struggling in his callup when he wasn't ready and never should've been called up in the first place. I've got to think that's hurt him some in the voting.

Would it really bother anyone if we just moved on to #2? I don't think there is much anyone is going to do to knock down Jay Bruce in this one?

M2, someone got to your suggestion right before you did. I didn't really think about it, but plan on them being in alphabetical order from here on forward.

IMO, there is no point in including Joey Votto on this list, seeing as how he's obviously starting the season in Cincinnati. I know he is ROY eligible, but if we really want to gauge Reds "prospects" on the "minor league forum" I think we should focus on guys that are really at least starting in the minor leagues.
    Go BLUE!!!

So have they decided whether Homer's arbitration clock was started as of last year or will it start this year?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    IMO, there is no point in including Joey Votto on this list, seeing as how he's obviously starting the season in Cincinnati. I know he is ROY eligible, but if we really want to gauge Reds "prospects" on the "minor league forum" I think we should focus on guys that are really at least starting in the minor leagues.
    Well if thats the case the Homer Bailey shouldn't be included on the list either.... but its anyone who will be ROY eligible next year for the Cincinnati Reds and both players qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Well if thats the case the Homer Bailey shouldn't be included on the list either.... but its anyone who will be ROY eligible next year for the Cincinnati Reds and both players qualify.
    wow, a little curt are we?

It was just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Benihana; 11-15-2007 at 10:45 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Not the way I meant it, if thats the way you took it. Just stating that if we were going that way,then Bailey wouldn't be included either. We did come up with the ROY eligible players are the ones that will go on the list though.

You forgot about Pelland. He is showing right now why he should be on the roster in 08

Let's move on to #2 DD. I think this one is settled already.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

So have they decided whether Homer's arbitration clock was started as of last year or will it start this year?
    It started the day he was called up and stopped the day he was sent down. And then restarted when he was called back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    It started the day he was called up and stopped the day he was sent down. And then restarted when he was called back up.
    I know. I guess what I was asking is will he qualify as one of those Super 2 guys?
    Go BLUE!!!

If Bailey spends all of 2008 and 2009 in MLB, he will almost definitely not qualify as a Super Two guy.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    If Bailey spends all of 2008 and 2009 in MLB, he will almost definitely not qualify as a Super Two guy.
    meaning it was as if he was never called up this past season?
    Go BLUE!!!

meaning it was as if he was never called up this past season?
    That's a deceiving way of putting it, but I'll go into more details.

To qualify as a super two, you generally need between two years, 128 days and 2 years, 140 days of service time. This is a different number every year, but it is determined by who is in the top 17% in service time amongst players with less than three years.

I believe Homer Bailey had about 40 days of service time. That means, assuming he's a Red for all of 2008 and 2009, he would've needed to have been on the 25-man roster about three months longer to qualify as a 'super two' after the 2009 season.

Turn Off Ads?