Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reading MLBtraderumors.com

Reading MLBtraderumors.com

Anyone else get frustrated reading MLBtraderumors.com and hardly seeing the Reds mentioned?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reading MLBtraderumors.com

It doesnt bother me for 1 reason. Those rumors turn out bunk more often than not anyhow.

Wayne Krivsky is very quiet about the deals he does make. Fay mentions he is talking to a number of free agents, but mlbtraderumors.com obviously doesn't know anything about it.

This did catch my eye. From notes from Ken Rosenthal

A Mystery Team has already made a four-year offer to Francisco Cordero. We know the Brewers made an offer on Monday but Rosenthal may be referring to another club.
    Earlier in the week there was talk that the Reds might be looking at Cordero. I'm not holding out hope, but I would be thrilled if the Reds turned out to be the mystery team.

Quote Originally Posted by jmble View Post

Earlier in the week there was talk that the Reds might be looking at Cordero. I'm not holding out hope, but I would be thrilled if the Reds turned out to be the mystery team.
    I thought the same thing.

Can you imagine having Burton and Cordero for your eighth and ninth innings?!?

Quote Originally Posted by PopFlyHomer View Post
    Can you imagine having Burton and Cordero for your eighth and ninth innings?!?
    Landing Cordero would be awesome!!

Although, I'd enjoy having Cordero, Burton, & Weathers in the BP, this may free us up to trade Weathers, maybe package him w/ a few spare parts for a 3/4 pitcher (Garza?). Maybe Weathers, Hatteberg, Freel for someone??
    Last edited by hippie07; 11-15-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmble View Post

Four years sounds like too long to me... I don't like the idea of handing out big FA contracts, I'd rather develop my own talent and make shrewd trades...

How does signing Cordero to a four year contract effect the possibility of making shrewd trades and developing your own?

Are you planning on producing a closer out of thin air? Is somebody out there looking to trade a closer who is as good as Cordero, only younger and making less money?

I don't see it. I see only positives in bringing in a player like Cordero.

Cordero reminds me of Lidge. He has great stuff, and during a whole season his numbers are great. But he seems to crack under pressure. In mid July to mid Aug. last year, he blew 4 out of 10 save opp. That was when the Brewers were in their free fall and were overtaken by the Cubs. He seemed to do the same in Texas, which is why they traded him. As a set up guy, fine, but he is not worth closer money.

I would love this to happen, but I certainly won't put my money on it. Cordero would automatically give us an average MLB bullpen. He's just that good. With him, Burton, and Weathers, this pen could be very good next year.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    Landing Cordero would be awesome!!

Although, I'd enjoy having Cordero, Burton, & Weathers in the BP, this may free us up to trade Weathers, maybe package him w/ a few spare parts for a 3/4 pitcher (Garza?). Maybe Weathers, Hatteberg, Freel for someone??

I don't know if you're implying it but a combo of Weathers, Hatteberg and Freel doesn't get Garza. Garza is a combo of guys including 1 of Bailey and Cueto and may just not be worth it. We need both Cueto and Bailey and just hope that one of them becomes a stud pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cordero reminds me of Lidge. He has great stuff, and during a whole season his numbers are great. But he seems to crack under pressure. In mid July to mid Aug. last year, he blew 4 out of 10 save opp. That was when the Brewers were in their free fall and were overtaken by the Cubs. He seemed to do the same in Texas, which is why they traded him. As a set up guy, fine, but he is not worth closer money.
    yet he would still be a huge upgrade for our team if we can get someone to close and get weathers back to middle relief .

i wouldn't want cordero, his home/away breakdown is ridiculous.

Turn Off Ads?