Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Men's Basketball thread

Re: NCAA Men's Basketball thread

Normally I don't give anyone a chance at going undefeated, it's way too hard to do, but I think Memphis really has a shot at it this year. They've got the right combination of a very talented team and a workable schedule. They've had some strong nonconference tests, but at home or neutral sites, no tough true road games. And CUSA still stinks this year. The only possible stumbling block may be the trip to Houston, otherwise they should sail through again. They shouldn't get too rusty during their week conference schedule though, as they've smartly scheduled two tough nonconference games (Gonzaga and Tennessee) during the conference season to keep them on their toes. They really should go into the NCAA tournament at 34-0, and they've got the talent to win the title.
    Last edited by Danny Serafini; 01-07-2008 at 03:23 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I'm going to go on a slight side rant for a second. The term mid-major is getting thrown about way too much by media types nowadays. Conferences like the Mountain West, WAC, A-10, etc. are not mid-major. They're high-major conferences. They've just had the mid-major label slapped on them by lazy media types who just lump together any non-BCS conference as mid-major, despite the fact that the BCS is completely irrelevant to basketball. It's an annoying trend that's popped up over the past few years.
    Agreed 100%! People who think there is no difference between the Atlantic 10, WAC, MWC and C-USA and the Colonial, the MAC and the Horizon, for example, should not be allowed media credentials to cover college basketball.

Did anyone watch the Dayton/URI game last night?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Did anyone watch the Dayton/URI game last night?
    Yes sir! Enjoyed it thoroughly. That game was played at a pretty high level. Both teams really played hard, epspecially in the first half.

The development of Huelsman has been a big factor in Dayton's success. He gives them a nice presence on both ends of the floor. Brian Roberts had another nice game. Hopefully Chris Wright can recoup from another ankle injury. I doubt he'll be 100% healthy all year.

Will Daniels from URI is an absolute stud!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I was very impressed with the Flyers last night. They have a good squad.

My favorite play from the game (which I watched numerous times on DVR after I got home) came in the second half. London Warren stuck his foot in front of the RI ballhandler and the ball came lose. London dove on the floor followed by about 7 guys. The ball remains loose and eventually pops up in the air and gets tapped a few times. London Warren pops up from the bottom of the pile to catch the ball and sprint down the floor, and draw a foul on a layup.

I love London Warren. The energy he brings, he's everywhere on the floor. How he got out of that rugby scrum running full speed with the ball, I'll never know.

Florida State is giving Duke all they can handle on ESPN.

Not a good night for the Ohio portion of the A14. UD gets outshot by UMass 82-71 (UMass made 9 more threes than UD...tough to overcome that). Ends a 13 game winning streak. I blame the pajamas they wore and called uniforms.

Xavier got blasted at Temple, 78-59.

Oh the pain, the pain of it all.
    *at the UD game*

Congrats to Bob Knight on getting his 900th win.

congrats to him, that is definatly an amazing feat
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Go Bob!

Did anyone watch the Duke - Wake Forrest game? All five of Duke's starters fouled out, and they were at no point fouling intentionally. One of the weirdest things I've ever seen at any level of basketball.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Did anyone watch the Duke - Wake Forrest game? All five of Duke's starters fouled out, and they were at no point fouling intentionally. One of the weirdest things I've ever seen at any level of basketball.
    No. That's the weirdest thing I have ever heard... other than Clay Aiken.

Who won?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    No. That's the weirdest thing I have ever heard... other than Clay Aiken.

Who won?
    Wake 86-73.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?