Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Roger Clemens, Miguel Tejada, and The Grimsley report

Roger Clemens, Miguel Tejada, and The Grimsley report

Anyone curious as to why the feds or anyone for that matter has not bothered to pursue the allegations that Grimsley named Clemens, Tejada, Pettitte, etc, as users of performance enhancing drugs?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Roger Clemens, Miguel Tejada, and The Grimsley report

How do you know its not being pursued, and that we just don't know about it. Their names could even be in the Mitchell Report for all we know, right now we just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    How do you know its not being pursued, and that we just don't know about it. Their names could even be in the Mitchell Report for all we know, right now we just have to wait and see.
    You are right, I shouldn't assume it's not being pursued.

I was just curious about it because I was reading a time-line regarding steroids, and I came across it, and it seems since last year it was swept under the rug.

Even if they did do them it is not on the level of what Bonds did, he perjured himself. That is why he is in trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredfan#1 View Post
    Even if they did do them it is not on the level of what Bonds did, he perjured himself. That is why he is in trouble!
    Well, they weren't called to testify infront of a judge. Had they been, I guarantee atleast one of them would of lied.

And for what it's worth, this isn't to defend Bonds. I was just curious as to why this was particular swept under the rug. But it may be possible that all of this will be on the mitchell report.

I believe the Grimsley investigation was a part of the investigation that brought down the Florida and NY pharmacy for illegally distributing HGH. Baseball has had problems working with the Feds in the investigation so all the names from the Florida pharmacy have not been released.

Yes it does bother me,and i'm glad you started this thread.This whole steroid issue is way bigger than Bonds.Though the press has chosen to vilify and destroy Bonds because they never liked him in the first place.If Bonds perjured himself than he'll have to deal with the consequences.However Harold ''Bud''Selig needs to quit trying to hide and sweep under the rug a situation that will just worsen as it progress's with no repurcussions other than a slap on the wrist.And ''getting out of bed''with the players union is a start.
    Last edited by Jr's Boy; 11-18-2007 at 09:16 PM.

Linebrinck signs for $3.5M?!?! Only if it's incentive laden, like Weathers, but with option years that vest.

NOBODY would be happier if we released Stanton. The only thing better would be if he RETIRES, which he should do if he had an ounce of pride.

If the ONLY thing Dusty Baker does, is help us get Kerry Wood to sign for $4.25M, it will be a coup.

However, I don't see us getting THREE Free Agent RP's for $2.5M+, not with Gosling, Couter, and a few other Lougies that come cheap the next few years, we only have Bray from what I see; we AT MOST will sign two RP's IMO.

Matt Cain would be another COUP, and Kris Benson I could live with at #5.

Not a bad take overall.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Turn Off Ads?