Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angels' Ervin Santana?

Angels' Ervin Santana?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/1...sox-trade.html
    Mlbtraderumor.com implies that the Angels may be looking to flip Santana for a bat... should the Reds go after him?

I don't really know anything about him... so, I'm just asking. If we do, who do you think we should give up??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ervin Santana?

i believe he had a real rough year last year, i would give him a shot, but i certainly wouldn't trade much for him.

no....he's overrated.

I suppose it depends what kind of bat the Angels are looking for. He did have a bad 2007, but he is young and I suspect he will rebound in 2008.

How u doin

Freel maybe

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I suppose it depends what kind of bat the Angels are looking for. He did have a bad 2007, but he is young and I suspect he will rebound in 2008.
    I agree.

He actually was decent the two previous seasons, and had a bad season last year. Either he's been figured out or it was just one of those things. But he's only 25 years old and has 3 years of experience under his belt.

If you're trying to stockpile potential talent, and don't have to give up much for him, then I'd do it. But no way do I trade Hamilton or Votto or anyone else of that caliber for him. I'd trade Freel or Ross or someone like that. But I doubt the Angels would be interested. It's still worth checking out.

My guess is that we'll trade for a pitching prospect/possibility this offseason .. if we could get Santana for cheaper than we could someone like Garza.. which would you prefer?

Does anyone know what the Angels have a need for? Are they just looking for prospects or are they looking to add to their current roster? If so, what position? Thanks!

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    Does anyone know what the Angels have a need for? Are they just looking for prospects or are they looking to add to their current roster? If so, what position? Thanks!
    I think the Cabrera trade was a precursor to a Cabrera trade.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

Santana gives up the longball like Milton.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    I think the Cabrera trade was a precursor to a Cabrera trade.
    I think you are right! Nice way with words.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Santana gives up the longball like Milton.
    Well, continuity is important. There's a power of tradition to uphold.

I don't know about you, but I'd take a healthy Milton at league minimum for the bottom of our rotation... and he's young, so he could get better, I suppose..

That is, of course, considering we wouldn't have to give up too much.

This may be the only time to unload Griffey....pay some of his salary. Angels are begging for some offense. They need a LH bat behind Vlad. Can play LF and DH for Angels. Garret Anderson and Griff can swap in and out for each other as well as provide depth if Vlad or Mathews Jr were to injur.

Plus, when did the Reds become so choosy for starting pitchers...I'd rather run Sanatana out there 30 games this year as opposed to a Shearn, Ramirez or not ready Cueto/Maloney type. And all for the low ball price of $500k.

I'd eat 4Mil and ship Griff for Santana and be done with it.
    Last edited by UK Reds Fan; 11-19-2007 at 09:11 PM.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

i think people are just infatuated with his last name being the same as the best pitcher in baseball. anaheim, los angeles california of anaheim stadium is way bigger than great american. he would get KILLED, most likely. trade a scrub for him then maybe. i like lizard better than him anyway, as far as crappy dominican pitchers go.

Turn Off Ads?