Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you like WK keeping things under his hat?

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: Do you like WK keeping things under his hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    I'm just saying throw us fans a bone. I want too here that the Reds are interested in one of the those names out there (Peavy, Johan, Haren). It's not like it would materialize, I just want something to keep me wanting to come back to all Reds sites too see what playesr might be in here.
    Isn't that the reason why they call it the Hot Stove league?? It's not the "we like players but we not saying who league".

The people reporting that the Angels, Dodgers, Yankees and, whoever else is liking these big times players are JUST SPECULATING!!! They look at holes on a team and their payroll and try to come up with matches. Just look at mlbtraderumors.com... The entire site's "rumors" is really coming up with ideas by making a ball with every player or prospect on it and putting them in a pool with a dozen manatees that are trained to take the balls across the tank and into whatever basket they so choose that also happened to be labled with team names...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

look at this video and trust me
    10th one down on the left side titled Manatee Mania
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 11-20-2007 at 02:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

They do come up with some good information when a team makes a trade or signs a player. You simply have to take the speculation with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    I'm just saying throw us fans a bone. I want too here that the Reds are interested in one of the those names out there (Peavy, Johan, Haren). It's not like it would materialize, I just want something to keep me wanting to come back to all Reds sites too see what playesr might be in here.
    Isn't that the reason why they call it the Hot Stove league?? It's not the "we like players but we not saying who league".
    I can't deny that it would be interesting to know who WK is negotiating with. Still, being aware of those negotiations really doesn't mean anything unless the contracts get signed.

I'm 100% sure that the Reds would be interested in players like Peavy, Rivera, and even A-Rod. What is not 100% positive is that the Reds (among other teams) could afford them or be willing to give up critical players to make the deal happen.

I could be wrong here but my impression is that many have the attitude that Krivsky can walk into a baseball player supermarket and pick guys off the shelf but it just ain't that simple. When it comes to trades between teams and free agency negotiations, the process is extremely complex. Who you get depends on so many factors.

The BIG question is...does Wayne have anything under his hat?

Even some misinformation to give us something to complain about would be better than the Marvin Lewis information black out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    Even some misinformation to give us something to complain about would be better than the Marvin Lewis information black out.
    We didn't tackle well, but we're working on tackling in practice, and we'll correct that.

(thats marvins press conferences throughout the rest of the season if you guys want to save your time and not listen to them.)

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

I really don't mind at this point (not knowing) but I would like to hear some positive Reds news coming out of the Winter Meetings in two weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
    Vada Pinson Fan

Turn Off Ads?