Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
Excellent. I'm telling you, Travis Wood is a much better prospect than Maloney.
He certainly could be. But just as a reminder here's what BA had to say about Maloney when the deal was made.

A polished college lefty, the Phillies took Maloney from Mississippi in the third round of the 2005 draft. He made just eight starts at short-season Batavia before moving to low Class A Lakewood a year later, where he became the anchor of the Blue Claws’ staff. Though he’s 6-foot-4 and 220 pounds, Maloney is more of a finesse lefthander compared to fellow Phillies farmhand Josh Outman. His 86-90 mph sinker is his best pitch because of its late, downward tumble in the zone. Maloney also throws an above-average changeup, curveball and slider. Maloney, 23, won South Atlantic League pitcher of the year honors in 2006 after going 16-9, 2.03, and he led the circuit in wins, innings (169) and strikeouts (180) while finishing second in ERA. He was 9-7, 3.94 with a 115-45 strikeout-walk ratio in 125 innings for Double-A Reading
The guy's got 4 above avg pitches, I think he's got a pretty good shot. I know I read this when it went down, but for the life me I don't recall reading that part of it.