Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current Reds at Joe's Visitation

Re: Current Reds at Joe's Visitation

Honestly outside of a few Reds who have tenure with the team ( Harang, Griffey, Dunn ) how many of them even know who Nuxhall is?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    Honestly outside of a few Reds who have tenure with the team ( Harang, Griffey, Dunn ) how many of them even know who Nuxhall is?

That's like saying how would they know who Bench is? But I get your point. All of them know who Joe is, but might not know him personally. However Joe spent all of spring training with the Reds last year and actually spent some time in the hospital in Sarasota.
    Most if not all of them would of met him at some point during spring training.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

None of the players were Joe's friend. I hardly expect any of the players to jump on a plane and fly to Cincy for this. Griffey has known Joe since he was a kid so he was different.

I'm sure Joe's family was just fine with the service not turning into a who's who of current Reds. The service was about Joe, not the Reds.

Sean Casey is a unique fella. If he was on a Siberian Cruise he probably would have swam ashore so he could make the visitation. Just the kind of guy he is.

BTW, was Marty there or was he too busy golfing?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    BTW, was Marty there or was he too busy golfing?
    There's no way Marty would miss Joe's visitation

I can't believe this thread is still open.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    If Junior would learn to temper his ego at times, along with his mouth, his better side would be shown more often. Stuff like bickering about playing CF, etc.........just doesn't go well with the fans.
    This "ego" thing that some fans come up with on Griffey is just downright unfair at times. I don't remember him once "bickering" about not playing CF. That's something that was simply created by the media and those who do not like him. If he did saying something that would be equal to "bickering" about CF, please provide a link and I will stand corrected.

Are we even having this discussion?

Perhaps, I shouldn't even have started this but I still maintain 1 out of 25 players is not acceptable...to say that 24 other players couldnt find the time or didnt know Nuxhall is not acceptable...to me just too many people that dont care about anything anymore except their million dollar salaries...however, I feel the Marty golfing remark was way out of line

I know his might be hard to imagine, but perhaps some did not go out of respect for the family.... This isn't about proving you are a class act. I would imagine that many payed their respects in many ways, showing up and turning his viewing into a dog and pony show is not showing respect, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjwagner View Post
    I know his might be hard to imagine, but perhaps some did not go out of respect for the family.... This isn't about proving you are a class act. I would imagine that many payed their respects in many ways, showing up and turning his viewing into a dog and pony show is not showing respect, imo.
    agreed

On Wednesdays Hot Stove League Show, Marty B. did question the fact Griffey Jr. was the only current Red at the viewing. He did not seem too happy about it.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?