Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overnight

Re: Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overni

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Something I put together for today's show.....

I had trouble getting through it enough to finish it

I think I'm cool now...
    Very nice job on that. Just wonderful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overni

Thanks Matt.. you did a awesome job!! It brought tears to my eyes ... i haven't cried like this since my little boy had a seizure.. really touches the heart!!
    We are going to Miss Joe so much!! Just driving past the ballpark and seeing just his saying in lights, i saluted Joe and thanked him for the memories!

I had trouble getting through it enough to finish it

I think I'm cool now...
    I'm not. Today was a totally unproductive day. I closed my office door and read the board and listened to all the tribute clips and cried. My office staff heard me sobbing and demanded to kinow what was going on. When I told them I was surprised that they understood. My whole office is decorated with Reds stuff. They left me alone.

You knew the day was coming. It was obvious in his physical appearance, though his voice was fine. And I really expected it, but you don't prepare yourself to ever lose a grandpa. That's what he was -- every Reds fan's grandpa.

Matt, you did a great job. Thanks.

Nice job, Matt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Yeah, that was an awesome tribute Matt, and thanks for sharing it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Haven't read through the thread yet, but wanted to say that I heard this on the radio AS I WAS DRIVING PAST the ballpark this morning. Very weird.

I want to put flowers at his statue at the ballpark this afternoon. Is that a nice gesture or does it cross the line into Crazyfan?
    Did you drop by VP? If so, what was the scene like?

I stopped on my way home from work tonight and bought a dozen roses for my wife. She was very happy (probably a little shocked as well) and understood when I said that eleven of them were for her. I plan on getting down to the football game a little early on Sunday and laying the twelfth by Joe's statue.

This thread has been very cathartic for me today. I'd visit periodically and read a few posts until I'd start to mist up, then close up my browser only to be drawn back a few hours later. I finally read through the whole thing once I got home. I also took the time to watch and listen to all of the tributes...which brought on more tears. Like most of you, it's been a rough day for me. I'm surprised by how much I've been affected by the loss of a man that I never actually met. I can only guess that that speaks to the character of the man we lost. I may have never met Joe but I certainly felt like I knew him and that I was a better person for having known him. I take some solace in knowing, or at least hoping, that Joe had some sense of just what he meant to so many people.

My wife and I went to a movie tonight, saw some friends and went to Sitwells with them. Afterward we decided to go down to GABP. We called our oldest daughter and she went with us. Very nice scene, not overflowing with stuff, which was nice. It's blurry, but here's a shot from my phone.

“In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I remember Joe when I was in the fourth grade, coming to our school and signing autographs for every kid in the school. Had something nice to say to every one of us, like how you doing young fella, are you gonna play for the Reds someday? Something, you know, that didn't make you feel like he was being burdened to sign all those autographs. It wasn't just a job or a chore to him, he honestly enjoyed being around us kids.

I am struck by the number of references to grandfathers in this thread. I used to love sitting around the fire at Bar K lake and listening to Joe and Marty and even Al Michaels before him with my grandfather. This is a very sad day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    My wife and I went to a movie tonight, saw some friends and went to Sitwells with them. Afterward we decided to go down to GABP. We called our oldest daughter and she went with us. Very nice scene, not overflowing with stuff, which was nice. It's blurry, but here's a shot from my phone.
    Thanks for the pic, redsmetz...

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    I didn't figure it would be long before Jim Borgman would have a tribute. Nicely done.

i cried for about five minutes after seeing that...
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Good job, Matt! I really enjoyed listening to the mp3.

I've often heard "There is no crying in Baseball".

That's not so.

God Bless You Joe.

Very good job, Matt.

And thank you very much for the picture, Redsmetz.

Thanks, Matt. It brought tears to my eyes.

A thousand thanks Matt. Love having that file. Even though it is making me cry.

Turn Off Ads?