Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overnight

Re: Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overni

Thanks Joe for many, many years of helping me enjoy the Reds from miles away. RIP.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sad day for Reds Fans- Joe has Rounded 3rd and headed home!Joe passed away overni

Always makes me smile.....

For a Level Playing Field

I am so sad. Joe was a part of my life. RIP Joe!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Wow. The last couple of years, when Joe did the game, I took a radio and a few beers to the backyard and listened to the game instead of sitting in front of the TV. I tried to explain to my wife why, but she really didn't get it.
    I get it, I did the same thing a few times this summer.

Joe's voice would take me back to the days of my childhood when I had nothing but time to listen to the game. His voice could make me feel the warmth of sunshine, smell the fragrance of the grass, and see the dust flying on a play at the plate.

Joe seemed to always enjoy the game regardless of the outcome, and if the home team lost today, he just knew we'd get 'em tomorrow.

As if that wasn't enough by itself, he was a obviously a good friend, a good neighbor, a good husband, a good father, and a solid citizen.

RIP Joe.

GL

Oh man ..... I shouldn't have watched that netcast at work. *big sniffles*
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Sean Casey on with Willy and Seg right now on 700 WLW.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Haven't read through the thread yet, but wanted to say that I heard this on the radio AS I WAS DRIVING PAST the ballpark this morning. Very weird.

I want to put flowers at his statue at the ballpark this afternoon. Is that a nice gesture or does it cross the line into Crazyfan?
    Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Ditto. Good grief. Thanks for the link.

Does anyone know if an audio clip of the last few minutes of his last signoff is available? They played it on the radio this morning and it is really something.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Does anyone know if an audio clip of the last few minutes of his last signoff is available? They played it on the radio this morning and it is really something.
    Reds website has it. http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/f...ll_tribute.jsp
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    I purposely avoided most of the news because I'd be crying all day... and just reading the posts on this thread I'm welling up. I don't know if Butler County, or the cities of Hamilton and Fairfield have flags - but they should be flying half mast...

As a native Hamiltonian from the west side, this is truly a sad day.

2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Enquirer had some media sounds of Joe. Reds.com might do something.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Damn

RIP Joe, you'll be missed
    Go Gators!

I'd like to get the clip of the entire "Star of the Game" conversation from his very last time in 2004. He had Marty as the star and they just talked about all the memories. And then that sign off.....man, that was something I'm proud to have had the opportunity to listen to.

And I'd definitely head over to the park today/tonight. Seems like many are over there. On the noon news, 700 had a live report from the ballpark.

And Austin Kearns is on with Willy now.

700 is really doing an awesome job today with the guests and coverage. That interview they played between Joe and Bob Trumpy during the 11 AM hour was great.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I purposely avoided most of the news because I'd be crying all day... and just reading the posts on this thread I'm welling up. I don't know if Butler County, or the cities of Hamilton and Fairfield have flags - but they should be flying half mast...

As a native Hamiltonian from the west side, this is truly a sad day.

Man, I sure hope they do something great for his funeral. I really hope they have some sort of service/ceremony down at the stadium. I'd definitely drive down from Columbus for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21 View Post
    Man, I sure hope they do something great for his funeral. I really hope they have some sort of service/ceremony down at the stadium. I'd definitely drive down from Columbus for it.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe have him lie in state at the entrance to GAB or the HOF & Museum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?