Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Cordero and Reds agree for 4 years, $46 million!!!!

Re: Cordero and Reds agree for 4 years, $46 million!!!!

It is oh so nice to have CoCo coming in for the ninth.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No question, taking away Milwaukee hammer in the bullpen was a monster coup. Now Milwaukee is having MAJOR bullpen issues, similar to our nightmare last year. Meanwhile, the Reds bullpen is strong and Cordero is NAILS when it comes to closing a game. It is so nice to have a legitimate, All-Star closer and to know you have a beast in the 9th if you're clinging to a 1 run lead.

I like him and all but a 3 run save is nothing to get too excited about.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big boy View Post
    Um, last year we blew more than a few games that had a bigger lead than that so I'll take having a strong closer to fortify our pen over last year's bullpen problems.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Um, last year we blew more than a few games that had a bigger lead than that so I'll take having a strong closer to fortify our pen over last year's bullpen problems.
    Thank you Heather !!

Ummm...wow. What, then, is your position/opinion on the Reds getting Cordero for the next 4 years. Please state your opinion for the record.

Tell you what, raise your kid, or even grand kid to be a ML closer and let him do it for the league minimum. Yeah, I didn't think so.
    Last edited by 5ToolPlaya; 04-11-2008 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Being nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Ummm...wow. What, then, is your position/opinion on the Reds getting Cordero for the next 4 years. Please state your opinion for the record.
    I like him. It was good to sign him. It is nice having a real closer. I'm just saying it is a three run save. Danny Graves made a fortune converting those. Weathers blew just one three run save last season. The three run save was not the Reds problem last season.

I like him. It was good to sign him. It is nice having a real closer. I'm just saying it is a three run save. Danny Graves made a fortune converting those. Weathers blew just one three run save last season. The three run save was not the Reds problem last season.
    It wasn't the 3-run save I was referring to in my post (posted before the game ended). I think you missed the point. Sure the save was nice, but it was even better watching 1)Corey Patterson make Gagne blow a save with 1 strike to go in the 9th, 2) Watching the Milwaukee bullpen implode in game 2 of the series, and 3) Hearing the announcers talk yesterday about hoping Turnbow gets it together (quite unlikely). What I was mentioning was it was cool that with one FA move...the balance of power in terms of bullpens completely shifted, which was quite evident in this series. Now of course Cordero wouldn't have been out there for each item I listed, but of couse the signing was somewhat of an indirect cause of each item.

But hey, since you mentioned it...I'll enjoy the awesome,outstanding,lights-out save that Coco racked up.

Turn Off Ads?