Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cordero and Reds agree for 4 years, $46 million!!!!

Re: Cordero and Reds agree for 4 years, $46 million!!!!

BTW how bad are hte Brewers taking a hit this year. Lost Linebrink, Cordero and added Mota.

2. Turn Off Ads?

^ I agree with the comfort level, but throwing $46 million at one guy basically still leaves us with 2 holes in the starting rotation. I DO NOT want to see Matt Belisle out there every 5th day again this year.

got alil captain in u?

good deal by Wk and BobC securing the back end was a huge plus. Now if we go out and find a starter we'll be good.

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Huge upgrade at both Closer and Setup man. Great day to be a Reds fan. Lot of money, but it was a huge need.

Can't wait to see him closing down wins for Homer, Cueto and Aaron for the next 4 or 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    ^ I agree with the comfort level, but throwing $46 million at one guy basically still leaves us with 2 holes in the starting rotation. I DO NOT want to see Matt Belisle out there every 5th day again this year.
    if hes pitching as the 5th guy in the rotation i can deal with him. He knows what he needs to work on and I think he has the drive to be a good pitcher I think he can improve still.

Quote Originally Posted by SoTxRedsFan View Post
    Huge upgrade at both Closer and Setup man. Great day to be a Reds fan. Lot of money, but it was a huge need.
    Yep for where we could have thrown moeny at middle relief we just threw it at a shut down closer and moved our best relievers into our weakness.

This is the biggest news the Reds have made since getting Griffey. Playoffs 2008!!!
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    I have to say that I'm pretty happy about the move. WK does play his cards very close to the vest. Didn't see this one coming.
    I don't think anybody saw this one coming. Wow. The "ifs list" for success in '08 just got a whole lot shorter. If Homer can throw 170+ quality innings, Belisle or Cueto steps up, we should be there. I guess I will re-new my season ticket now.

Rosecrans at the post says that he talked to Krivsky, he was quoted as saying 'Those he reports are inaccurate'. I hope not. Don't put me through a roller coaster. Did we reach a deal yet or not WK?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Krivsky is such a tease haha

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Rosecrans at the post says that he talked to Krivsky, he was quoted as saying 'Those he reports are inaccurate'. I hope not. Don't put me through a roller coaster. Did we reach a deal yet or not WK?
    I swear if it turns out Cordero signs a 4 year deal with the Brewers for 42 million I will personally assault Rosenthal with nunchucks covered in WKs fecal matter...

"For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

well i hope it works out for us, i cant say i disapprove of the deal.

Man, the excitement that he brings to the 9th inning is electric. He's gonna be fun to watch.

Turn Off Ads?