Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cordero and Reds agree for 4 years, $46 million!!!!

Re: Cordero and Reds agree for 4 years, $46 million!!!!

is it opening day yet? i'm amped!

2. Turn Off Ads?

This was the best news I have received in a long long time, and the greatest text message as well. I was at work today at a local restaurant where I am a manager, and a ESPN text message came into my phone. We had just wrapped up a long and tenuous Black Friday lunch rush when it happened. When I glanced at the message I was in shock and instantly recharged but I had to have verification. I ran over to a good buddy of mine who is also a redleg nut, holding my phone to show him the glorious news. It was such a terrific message that we embraced each other for a man-hug right in the middle of the restaurant and began to jump up in celebration. While we received a few strange looks from some of the guests, it was a terrific text message after a horrific morning.

Rotoworld is going to look stupid fast. Not so much because of the Cordero signing, but for their failing to see the youth movement that is maturing and quickly going to put this team over the top in inexpensive fashion in the field.

Wow...The Reds spent some bucks. You have to spend money to make money. Put a winning team on the field and watch the fans come.

If they could dump Griffey's salary, that would be impressive.

An outfield of Dunn, Hamilton, and Bruce could produce 100 homeruns and save 12 million.

What is the Reds payroll now??? WOW
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

"I would have liked to stay in Milwaukee, but it's not up to me," he said. "We will see what happens with the management and the owners of the Brewers, because we are willing to hear their offers.''
    does that scare anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    does that scare anyone?
    No. What I think he's trying to say is that he was looking for the Brewers to antee up the big dollars, and they didn't. If they got outbid by the Reds, then they must not want him. I think he feels that they could have matched the Reds offer.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I like the talent infusion. Did the Reds have to spend nearly 50 million for a reliever? Wow. He should transform the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I thought something like this was going to happen. All the cloak and dagger stuff just spoke volumes to me. I had no clue who it would be, but my gut feeling was some kind of big signing. The free agent signings have to be first to determine what you don't have, then you go wheel and deal for what you couldn't get on the free agent market.

It won't surprise me to see some wheeling and dealing in the next week now, for possibly another decent starting pitcher. Just another gut feeling I have.

Think about what this does for Harang and Arroyo, and the guys in the field........it sends a good message. Hopefully everyone does what they need to in the offseason and comes in ready to compete.
    Harang can now flirt with 20 win seasons! Maybe Bronson too.

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    Harang can now flirt with 20 win seasons! Maybe Bronson too.
    haha good point

Oh yeah baby! Finally a signing we can all agree on

There will be a cost for signing Cordero. We will give the Brewers a second-round pick and a compensatory pick next year. That is a price I can accept, however.

Great move by Castellini and company. It's really nice to have a owner who puts his money where his mouth is. Hopefully, this is one of many moves that will restore some of the luster this club has lost in recent years.

Thanks Bob.

So many fans of other teams hate this deal... is that a good sign or a bad one?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    So many fans of other teams hate this deal... is that a good sign or a bad one?
    Yes because the Reds just took a good closer away from a division team. I'm sure the other fans wanted him on their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Yes because the Reds just took a good closer away from a division team. I'm sure the other fans wanted him on their teams.
    yea most fans are saying that he must not care about winning because he left a team with a future for one that doesnt have one.

:

Turn Off Ads?