Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Cordero and Reds agree for 4 years, $46 million!!!!

Re: Cordero and Reds agree for 4 years, $46 million!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    It looks like it's official. And the odd man out was Buck (shoulda been Bucky) Coats.

Here are the details, per one report:

Cordero receives a $500,000 signing bonus payable by the end of this year, $8.5 million next year and $12 million in each of the following three seasons. Cincinnati has a $12 million option for 2012 with a $1 million buyout.

Cordero has a full no-trade provision during the first two seasons of the contract and a limited no-trade for the remainder of the agreement.
    thanks for the details

2. Turn Off Ads?

CoCo continued

Here's a fun blurb from Milwaukee Sentinel Journal about the Reds' Coco signing:

Melvin said he was still trying to figure out why Cordero's agent, Bean Stringfellow, didn't give him the opportunity to boost his four-year, $42 million offer before accepting a four-year, $46 million deal from Cincinnati. Melvin said he might have offended Stringfellow by placing a Friday deadline to reply to his offer.

"That might have ticked him off," said Melvin. "They had our offer for nine days. We thought that was enough time to give us an answer. We didn't want him shopping it around any longer than that."

Stringfellow said there were "other factors" in accepting the Reds' offer, but declined to elaborate.

Melvin said he didn't anticipate trading for an established closer, because of what is usually asked for in return.
    Also interesting and something I hadn't seen posted on here (forgive me if I missed it):

Cordero was a Class A free agent but because Cincinnati (72-90) was in the bottom half of the 30 clubs in terms of victories and losses in '07, the Reds will have to surrender only a second-round draft pick to the Brewers. Milwaukee also will get a compensatory pick after the first round.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Re: CoCo continued

I refuse to call him coco

Me too. He's not Crisp, he's Cordero

Dude needs a nickname.

Can't have a closer without one.

Until someone comes up with something better, I likey Coco.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

His nickname to me is going to be Fransisco Cordero

The "San-Man." Every time I see his name I think it should be San Francisco Cordero.

I say we go get Chad Cordero and then we could have The Brothers Cordero as our two nasty boys at the end of games. JK

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Dude needs a nickname.

Can't have a closer without one.

Until someone comes up with something better, I likey Coco.

My vote is Fransisco "The nearly half of a 100 million dollar man" Cordero

I can just imagine George Grande now, "Co-Co is like the little girl with the curl, when Co-Co's good, Co-Co's really really good, and when Co-Co's bad, Co-Co's just awful, wouldn't you say the same about Co-Co Cowboy?"

This is all I can think about when someone calls him Coco.

All I think of is this:

Hey tbone

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Hey tbone
    Gammy's gettin upset!
    Remember John"T-Bone"Shelby, I think he's a coach with the O's, that could get interesting if we play them in inter-league play the next couple years. T-Bone VS Coco

Re: Cordero and Reds agree for 4 years, $46 million!!!!

As Cordero is coming in for the 9th....

I just have to say, I view the Brewers as the team "most-like" the Reds in the NL Central...that is, small market, gotta build young talent, etc....so that, I view the Brewers and Reds as rivals for the position of "up and coming team" in the Central.

So what a coup it was for the Reds to snatch him away from Milwaukee...makes it all the sweeter to watch as the Brewers are still hoping Turnbow can get back on track

Turn Off Ads?