Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does Wayne Krivsky do next????

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

What does Wayne Krivsky do next????

With the recent signing (physical pending of course) of Fransisco Cordero WK and Bob have successfully proven to the majority of fans (mainly just us redzoners ) that they are willing to do what is necessary to put a team on the field that is capable of winning... My question is what do you do next?

My plan of attack

1) To give err uhhh "trade" Mike Stanton and Gary Majewski to whoever decides they will give us either a PTBNL or cash considerations...

2) Find out what teams KGJ is willing to play for and package a deal. We need Jay Bruce roaming RF in 2007. I would trade Griff for another quality bullpen arm and an above average SS prospect (does anyone really think Janish is going to be a SS anytime soon for the Redlegs)

3) Find a way to get any of the following or, someone in their tier; Erik Bedard, Scott Kazmir, Joe Blanton, Jon Lester, Clay Bucholtz, Matt Garza, Ian Snell, Kevin Slowey etc etc... If I am going to make this sort of deal I can trade any of our big 4 (assuming not both Hamilton and Jay Bruce in the same package...)

4) Find out exactly how much Adam Dunn will want to sign an extension and plead with Bob Castellini to let me make it happen. (I believe it was reported we only spend 43% or so of revenues on team salary... there is room for more IMO)

That would leave us with an outfield with power bats in both corners and a rangy Hopper/Freel roaming center. power and average on both corner infield spots (also EE turned into quite the glove man down the stretch last year) and the middle infield is fabulous on D and BP is more than adequate on the basepaths and at the plate... Defensively we will be fine and offensively if everyone either plays to their standard or expectations we will be a force to reckon with. SPs will have another dominant member to tag along with Harang and Arroyo and have Belisle fill out the 4 with either Homer (if not traded) or Cueto (if he makes the club out of ST) in the number 5 spot missing starts occassionally.. The BP could very well be a point of strength for this team depending on how McBeth, Cout, Salmon, and Burton progress. Also Tyler Pelland has a legitimate shot at seeing a lot of time this year in the 6th and 7th... (On a side note Cordero converted 86% of his saves last year and if you would apply that to our team last year we would have been +19 saves, just saying... Also I know it doesn't work like that btw it just sounds pretty )

What is everyone elses plans and what do you guys think we will do next????
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 11-23-2007 at 06:41 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What does Wayne Krivsky do next????

I havent let the Cordero thing settle in yet so ill post later :o

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I havent let the Cordero thing settle in yet so ill post later :o
    I have to agree, though I do have one thought. Don't give up on Majewski just yet. He could be effective in the sixth or seventh next year.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I think at this point if you are building towards pitching and you just showed your willing to pay.

Hatteberg+Freel+Whomever for Whatever pitching we can get.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Next move is to free up space in the outfield for Bruce

Freel,Hatte,Janish,and Wood to Twins for Garza or Slowey either or.

This gives the Twins a CF in Freel,a DH/1B in Hatte,and a young pitcher in Wood to take the place of who the Reds receive sort of.Then throw in a young SS prospect and the deal should or could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    With the recent signing (physical pending of course) of Fransisco Cordero WK and Bob have successfully proven to the majority of fans (mainly just us redzoners ) that they are willing to do what is necessary to put a team on the field that is capable of winning... My question is what do you do next?

My plan of attack

1) To give err uhhh "trade" Mike Stanton and Gary Majewski to whoever decides they will give us either a PTBNL or cash considerations...

2) Find out what teams KGJ is willing to play for and package a deal. We need Jay Bruce roaming RF in 2007. I would trade Griff for another quality bullpen arm and an above average SS prospect (does anyone really think Janish is going to be a SS anytime soon for the Redlegs)

3) Find a way to get any of the following or, someone in their tier; Erik Bedard, Scott Kazmir, Joe Blanton, Jon Lester, Clay Bucholtz, Matt Garza, Ian Snell, Kevin Slowey etc etc... If I am going to make this sort of deal I can trade any of our big 4 (assuming not both Hamilton and Jay Bruce in the same package...)

4) Find out exactly how much Adam Dunn will want to sign an extension and plead with Bob Castellini to let me make it happen. (I believe it was reported we only spend 43% or so of revenues on team salary... there is room for more IMO)

What is everyone elses plans and what do you guys think we will do next????
    1) I doubt anyone will take Stanton, and Majewski is too young and cheap to give up on. But in terms of Stanton, one can dream.
    2) KGjr is not going anywhere. He will veto any trade. Period. He had made that very clear. Otherwise, he would be the best lefthanded hitter to trade.
    3) Yes, if the Reds can get Erik Bedard, Scott Kazmir, or Clay Bucholtz for Bruce or Hamilton + others, do it. The other pitchers you named do not merit either player, but possibly Votto + others.
    4. Absolutely. KGjr will probably retire after 2009 if not 2008, so the Reds will a big bat like Dunn for those years and further.

I would sign a few FA pitchers coming off injuries to incentive loaded contracts. If one of them is able to come through, The Reds would be a the fav of the NLC title.

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Use the OF excess to try and get another bullpen arm. If there is some way we can get a top tier arm without giving up more than one of our big 4 propsects, I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Good luck.

Again, good luck.

I'd trade anyone but Harang, Arroyo, Burton, Bruce, and Phillips in any reasonable package to get either Peavy, Kazmir, or Bedard.

Because they were unable to trade Adam at the trading deadline last season, I assume there are no reasonable trading partners for Dunn, for reasonable return. So therefore, I am in favor of extending Dunn now. I honestly think he could put up some really good numbers next season as this offense continues to improve and the young guys continue to grow and mature around him.

That would leave us with an outfield with power bats in both corners and a rangy Hopper/Freel roaming center. power and average on both corner infield spots (also EE turned into quite the glove man down the stretch last year) and the middle infield is fabulous on D and BP is more than adequate on the basepaths and at the plate... Defensively we will be fine and offensively if everyone either plays to their standard or expectations we will be a force to reckon with. SPs will have another dominant member to tag along with Harang and Arroyo and have Belisle fill out the 4 with either Homer (if not traded) or Cueto (if he makes the club out of ST) in the number 5 spot missing starts occassionally.. The BP could very well be a point of strength for this team depending on how McBeth, Cout, Salmon, and Burton progress. Also Tyler Pelland has a legitimate shot at seeing a lot of time this year in the 6th and 7th... (On a side note Cordero converted 86% of his saves last year and if you would apply that to our team last year we would have been +19 saves, just saying... Also I know it doesn't work like that btw it just sounds pretty )
    We need to unload Freel for peanuts.

I probably wouldn't trade any of Votto, Bruce, Bailey, Cueto, or Hamilton. Which means, I probably wouldn't make any big trades. They're too important for this team beyond 2008.

Try to ink Kerry Wood to a deal, scavange for a catcher. Go young in the starting rotation right out of Spring Training with Bailey, Cueto, and Maloney.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I have to agree, though I do have one thought. Don't give up on Majewski just yet. He could be effective in the sixth or seventh next year.
    Yes, you have to give the other teams a fighting chance!

I agree with Blue. We have 2 of the best pitching prospects in baseball in Bailey and Cueto. Maloney has been very good at every level he pitched at. What's wrong with trusting out prospects?

I'd say you could trade Bruce or Hamilton,---not both--in a package, Freel or Hatteberg or Keppinger, for legitimate starter potential. (Hopefully not Bruce IMO). I see KG as the odd man out, but doubtful there are any takers he wouldn't veto, except for Seattle. What have they got to offer? I agree the Reds must make room for Bruce, maybe as soon as '08.

How u doin

get Paul lo Duca

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    I agree with Blue. We have 2 of the best pitching prospects in baseball in Bailey and Cueto. Maloney has been very good at every level he pitched at. What's wrong with trusting out prospects?
    Do the names Gooky Dawkins, Justin Gillman, Chris Gruler, Ruben Mateo, Ty Howington or John Oliver mean anything to you? Does anyone remember a Yankees prospect name Brien Taylor??? exactly

Turn Off Ads?