Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What does Wayne Krivsky do next????

Re: What does Wayne Krivsky do next????

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    What does Wayne Krivsky do next
    Trade Hamilton & Phillips for a couple below par middle relievers

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Why would lost place teams want to trade their best young and cheap pitchers? The Rays are talking about Kazmir because they dont want to pay him. I think the Reds should maybe go after a guy like Scott Olsen from the Marlins, I think Hamilton would be enough to pry him away. The guy is a talent and has burned some bridges in Florida and is ripe for a new start and I think could flourish here.
    Olsen would be a nice pick-up, but only because The Reds would not have to give up much to get him.

I am not even sure the Reds should include Hamilton in a deal for any pitcher, even Santana or Bedard. There is no justification for trading him for a unknown like Olsen.

Yes, Olsen had a great arm (and close to a 6 ERA), but so do dozens of other young, unproven prospects. The Rays would not even trade Joey Gathright for Olsen in 2006. If Olsen is available, I am sure the Marlins would take Freel for him in a heartbeat.

Next thing?
    The 40 man is already full.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Next thing?
    The 40 man is already full.
    That is temporary. Someone has to go to make room for Cordero. Probably Buck Coats, or a trade.
    The fact that they are waiting so long to have Cordero take his physical suggests that they are working on a trade. Hoping it's Stanton, but probably either Freel or Hatteberg for prospects.
    Slight chance it's a big one, like Votto and a reliever for a #3 starter.

Buck Coats... ha!

Hopefully we can acquire a decent catching prospect...

I believe the physical is scheduled for next Thursday.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    I don't believe the hype on LoDuca
    There is hype on LoDuca?

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    There is hype on LoDuca?
    As hard as it is to beleive, some think very highly of Pauly Big Nuts...

One thing he needs to determine is if he can get Adam Dunn signed to a LTC. It may be harder with the Torii Hunter signing.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    One thing he needs to determine is if he can get Adam Dunn signed to a LTC. It may be harder with the Torii Hunter signing.
    Amarillo, what do you think Dunn is worth? I say no more than $15 million per year...

Why on Laduca do you like him for the REDS ?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Amarillo, what do you think Dunn is worth? I say no more than $15 million per year...
    Hard to say. Torii got 18 million, but he hit for a higher BA and plays better defense. Adam is 5 years younger, though, and that will be a factor. I am sure the Reds will mention his mediocre defense and low BA during negotiations, and they could get him for 14-16 million if he hasn't already decided to enter free agency.

What Krivsky will do and what I think he should do is probably different. It seems like the Reds front office is in "Win Now" mode and will try to add some kind of starter from either free agency of trade. If we go trade I'd target Bedard from the O's because they want hitting prospects in return. I'm much more inclined to give up Hamilton and Votto then I am Bailey and Cueto. If Krivsky decides to add a starter through free agency that scares me. I really hope they don't sign Silva. Instead I say go after a Matt Clement or Randy Wolf type player. Give them one year with maybe an option year with more gauranteed money then what the others are offering. I believe that's the smarter option because if they pan out they can let us win now while letting Cueto and Maloney continue to develop and improve. If they don't pan out then hopefully one of those two will be able to step in shortly. Signing a guy like Silva for 4 years only blocks our prospects in my opinion
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Well he is not going to sign Kerry Wood next

According to ESPN Radio 1000, the Cubs have signed Kerry Wood to a one-year contract worth $4 million.

Here is what will happen next:

The Reds will trade Josh Hamilton and Johnny Cueto to the Twins for Matt Garza during the Winter Meetings.

Would you guys like this deal?

Johnny Cueto is one heck of a commodity and really showed his greatness the last few years. I believe that Garza is the better pitcher right now, but Cueto has made steps toward that same elite status. In a deal like this, are we essentially trading one pitcher for another and throwing in a possible +.900 OPS outfielder?

Where I make the connection:

Obviously the Reds and Twins have had recent history in dealing with one another. The Twinkies need a center fielder in the worst way and Hamilton should be the cheapest and absolute best option out there. This is a classic find for the Twins if they do so. With Kevin Slowey and Francisco Liriano breaking into the rotation and the possibility to use Cueto by midseason, would Garza be missed that much? Especially when they get a really high ceiling outfielder to boost their offense?

I, for one, will hate this trade if it goes down. But I really think Hamilton is likely gone and will be packaged with a prospect for us to take on a SP. Garza is the type of pitcher likely targeted as well as he comes dirt cheap and has massive potential.

I usually don't throw these out there too often, but I see something similar to this being a possibility. We might as well get used to this deal proposal and hope it doesn't become anything worse.

Thoughts?

Turn Off Ads?