Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What does Wayne Krivsky do next????

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Re: What does Wayne Krivsky do next????

1. extend dunn
    2. move hatteberg for B catching or SS prospect
    3. Trade Hamilton and Stubbs/Maloney to Pirates for Ian Snell
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

2. Turn Off Ads?

First thing, he makes sure Cordero paases that physical. We don't want another Majewski situation where we get damaged goods.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    First thing, he makes sure Cordero paases that physical. We don't want another Majewski situation where we get damaged goods.
    Majewski will end up having his shoulder fixed sooner rather than later. They should have cut him when they filed the grievance with MLB. As for a prior poster saying he was "too young to give up on", my response is, "his rotator cuff and labrum are too shot to keep him on the roster.

There is some talk about the Reds picking up a lefty bullpen arm in free agency. I would really be surprised if there was the money to do that, but maybe Bob Castellini has decided there will be as much money as he thinks he needs to make the Reds acontending club.

1. Move Dunn or Griffey ( preferably Griffey ).
    RF - Hamilton
    CF - Bruce
    LF - Dunn or Griffey

2. Call every team in baseball & try to move Stanton, Majik, Coffey & Freel. For anything.

3. Add Kerry Wood for the pen.

4. Sign Jon Lieber as a one year starter ( with Cueto & Maloney in AAA to start the year ).

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeIndicator View Post
    Majewski will end up having his shoulder fixed sooner rather than later. They should have cut him when they filed the grievance with MLB. As for a prior poster saying he was "too young to give up on", my response is, "his rotator cuff and labrum are too shot to keep him on the roster.
    His arm is healthy, and he threw in the mid 90's all season. It was not his arm that was the problem. He was making bad pitches. That is fixable.

I would sign Kerry Wood, and try to get a starter to go between harang and arroyo, and it's a great offseason, i'd say its already a good one though, getting baker and cordero.

Someone is going to seriously overpay for Kerry Wood. He seems to be a very hot commodity right now.
    Who's on first?

If there is any money left, we need to see if we can nab Kerry Wood at 2 years $10 million. Adding Cordero is huge for the 'pen, but Wood would put the icing on the cake. Next we need to give Dunn and extension, something along the lines of 4 years $60-70 million. Then we trade Hamilton either to the Pirates for Ian Snell or to the Twins for Matt Garza. Finally get rid of some dead weight contracts in Freel, Stanton, and Coffey.
    Go into the season with a roster looking like this:

Hopper (I'm sure he can handle CF until Bruce is ready in June/July)
    Encarnacion
    Griffey
    Dunn
    Phillips
    Votto
    Gonzalez
    Ross

Hatteberg
    Keppinger
    Cantu
    Valentin
    Dickerson

Harang
    Arroyo
    Snell/Garza
    Belisle
    Bailey

???
    ???
    Bray
    Wood
    Burton
    Weathers
    Cordero
    "Pam, I am public speaking...stop public interrupting me."
    -Michael Scott, "The Office"

"His capa was detated from his head!"
    -Michael Scott on the death of his former boss, Ed Truck, "The Office"

We have a lot of position players as trade bait. I could see Hamilton being moved for a starting pitcher(maybe a #3), with some additional prospects. I would not be disappointed if the Reds could get Snell or Garza in that trade. We need to consider how much starting pitching we actually need. We have 3 starting pitchers in Harang, Arroyo, and Belisle; and Cueto and Maloney ready to come up at about mid-season. I think Belisle could develop into a good#3 or #4 starter in time, and Bailey may do better next year with Cordero in the pen. I think a trade for one good starting pitcher would be enough.

I think WK next move is to sign Dunn to a LTC, because if this is possible then it sets up how he plans the rest of the team..... He then needs to noise it abroad that we're open to trading prospects for pitching and see where the best deals lie. I say we make a couple small moves to improve SP... Call me crazy, but I have faith that WK can pull off another (Pena for Arroyo) type deal, but we don't press the issue.. I don't trade Hamilton unless I'm BLOWN AWAY.. I'm not even sure Snell does it, though it's a possibility. I'd rather trade Votto & EdE for somone and save Hamilton... I think he has Mega-Star written all over him.

Votto, Stubbs, Freel, and $$$ for Snell??
    Hatteberg, Maloney, Wood for Garza or Slowey...
    Lower-level 'spects for Ervin Santana

I would think along the above lines and then wait to shop in the 09 FA market, to more definitely solidify the rotation.

Thats a little steep for Snell there isnt it.I would say snell could be had for 2 good prospects/players.Hamilton/Stubbs/Votto and a Maloney/Wood/Belisle type guy would get it done.Probably then same for Garza or Slowey,maybe a low minor league prospect like Janish may also have to be included but it would work.
    For Santana hes a guy alot of people dont want,but I would take a chance on him.I could se the Reds and Halos do a Freel and Keppinger for Santana type deal.The Halos are going to trade and get Cabrera and will have to use Kendrick and some more young talent to get him.So guys like Freel and Keppinger will be very useful for them after they trade away alot for Cabrera.
    I would like to see a deal for Garza and Santana happen.this would give Cincy a great rotation.
    1)Harang
    2)Arroyo
    3)Garza
    4)Santana
    5)Bailey
    That would be the best rotation in the Central easy.Then with Cordero in the pen I could see alot of wins come the Reds way.

there are a lot of dreamers on these boards haha. But i will agree, getting Cordero is very exciting.

patience is a virtue my friends.

From there, Heyman lists the teams we've all heard a thousand times as suitors for Santana: Mets, Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers. And he also lists their trade chips, which we've also heard plenty of times before.

My take is that the Twins won't accept anything less than two elite prospects and another one or two slightly lesser, but still high-profile talents. The teams with the best hitters might win out, since the Twins are stocked with pitching.

We simply are not one of the teams that could land Santana. He will go to a team with a really big market who can afford him, and has enough elite and high-profile position prospects. I think it is more likely that Krivsky manages to pull a trade for a Snell or a Garza starting pitcher.

Snell/Garza

Trading Hamilton for Snell ( or Garza or other #3 SP ) theoretically helps this year. Bruce takes Hamilton's place in CF and the rotation is Harang-Arroyo-Snell-Belisle-Bailey.

HOWEVER:

1. griffey is a DH. an of defense of Dunn-Bruce-Griffey is AWFUL.
    We need an of defense of Dunn/Griffey-Bruce-Hamilton.

2. What do we do in 2009? Griffey is gone very soon. And we could have Cueto and Maloney ready for the bigs. Then we are looking for another outfielder and could have 7 starters.

3. IMO it makes more sense for the Reds to find a stop gap starter for 2008 rather than trade Hamilton for a starter.

Turn Off Ads?