Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What does Wayne Krivsky do next????

Re: What does Wayne Krivsky do next????

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I've never heard Hamilton being compared to Mickey Mantle before. Pretty bold statement right there. In Mantle's career he had health problems but he was still a great player. Hamilton might go down the same path but I don't think he'd put up as good of numbers as Mickey did.
    He reminds me of Mantle with his swing, it's kinda spooky how similar they are. He also has the same mix of speed and power that Mantle had.
    Who knows if he will put numbers like Mickey Mantle or Mickey Brantley, but I don't think the comparisons are out of line at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    Well - I'm not the 1st one to make that comparison..I've read it several times in several places .. but really it's just in light spirit.

I do feel, however, that Josh Hamilton has as much potential to be a superstar than Bailey or Bruce ... I'm not so sure why everyone says "Bruce is untouchable" but Hamilton is not ... it's evidently the drug issue, because the injury issue is not a valid one considering the man had set on his bum for 4 years (or whatever) and then tried to play a whole year's worth of baseball.. I'll give him another year before I say he's injury-prone... it's not like the guy is Freel or something and is diving into walls.. I think that "injury-prone" isn't fair. So, the real issue is .. will he relapse into drug use... I think those chances are slim.. the kid seems devoted and has everything to lose plus he's drug tested like what was it 3 times a week, so there would be immediate consequences if he did use ... so, I don't thinks that a legitimate concern either. Josh Hamilton is "the natural" and I will sweat him putting up huge numbers for other teams much more than I would seeing Bailey do it.

I agree w/ an earlier poster - I'm glued to the TV when Josh comes to bat. He's amazing.
    The hippie has picked up on something here that I wish other people would consider. Hamilton was on the DL last year because of laying out of baseball for years (it's a long, gruelling season!), and because of flukey illnesses that had nothing to do with physical injuries. It is way too soon to conclude that he is "injury prone." And my opinion is, it is way too soon to trade him...unless you are completely bowled over by an offer that is too good to be true.

If Hamilton is traded, even for a top of the line starting pitcher, I think it will be remembered along with the Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas and the Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio trades.

In both those cases, the pitcher received was a top of the line starter. Broglio had won 20 games, and Pappas had averaged 14 wins over his first 8 full seasons. But all anyone remembers is what Robinson and Brock did with their new clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If Hamilton is traded, even for a top of the line starting pitcher, I think it will be remembered along with the Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas and the Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio trades.

In both those cases, the pitcher received was a top of the line starter. Broglio had won 20 games, and Pappas had averaged 14 wins over his first 8 full seasons. But all anyone remembers is what Robinson and Brock did with their new clubs.
    That may be so, but we are trying to win. And what this team needs more than anything is pitching. So if you get an ace of the staff then you have to do the trade. We have other guys that can step in if Hamilton is gone, but we are lacking severly in the pitching area.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Turn Off Ads?