I see why the Reds are shopping Hamilton, but I think they are shopping him the way that other teams are shopping Snell & Kazmir. The article about Snell said that the Pitt braintrust was mulling over whether or not to dangle Snell.... that's like saying "they're thinking about.. thinking about trading him"... so, in other words its unlikely they'll trade him unless they're blown away. I think the same can be said for Hamilton. He's a superstar in the making and not some time in the distant future ... but this year probably. Unless Wayne knows something that we don't, about injuries or chance of relapse, then there's basically zero risk that this kid will not hit superstar status real soon and, not to mention, be under team control for a number of years.

Then, why would the Reds even think of trading him? The same article that mentions Snell, mentions Hamilton http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...son&id=3121887
The article states, refering to Hamilton
"It really makes you wonder about his health," said an official of one team that spoke with them, "and whether all that time he missed took more of a toll than we thought."
People have a hard time believing that Hamilton's available unless there's a catch, which should let you know how highly other teams think of him.

We've seen deals being discussed of (Matt Kemp and others) for Bedard, and we've discussed how Hamilton is better than Matt Kemp. So, I say that WK shops a package of (Hamilton and Maloney) for Bedard, Kazmir, Snell or others of that caliber and if teams say no, then we keep Hamilton.

I think WK will pick up a couple pitching prospects for fringe players and/or prospects that won't hurt too much to lose and then at the All-Star break if we're in a position to win, we revisit the Hamilton for an ace type deal w/ a team that's out of contention.

I've seen people, especially on the org say Hamilton for Garza... I read one post that said Hamilton and EdE for Garza... WHAT?!! That's crazy!! No way we give up Hamilton for a pitching prospect... If we can't get a bonafide 1/2 for him, we hold onto him and see what happens, IMO.