Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds #8 Prospect?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danny Dorn

11 12.36%
  • Carlos Fisher

0 0%
  • Juan Francisco

3 3.37%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

8 8.99%
  • Devin Mesoraco

9 10.11%
  • Tyler Pelland

2 2.25%
  • Josh Roenicke

21 23.60%
  • Adam Rosales

4 4.49%
  • Neftali Soto

1 1.12%
  • Daryl Thompson

3 3.37%
  • Justin Turner

1 1.12%
  • Chris Valaika

2 2.25%
  • Pedro Viola

2 2.25%
  • Brandon Waring

4 4.49%
  • Travis Wood

17 19.10%
  • Other

1 1.12%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Redszone Community Prospect Vote:#8

Re: Redszone Community Prospect Vote:#8

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I just don't get all the Roenicke love. He had a promising season, but to count on him to do anything in Cincinnati before September of '09 is really rushing it. I'd like to see more than 19 innings above A ball before I declare someone Major League ready.
    Nobody said Roenicke is major league ready at this moment.

But he is a combination of tools (BA's best tools reliever for the Florida State League) and performance (did well at every level so far, including AA).

Roenicke will need some more AA and AAA time, but if he is as dominant in '08 as he was in '07, he will be a Red by the end of next season.

With Cordero, Burton, and Roenicke as the late-inning guys, the Reds would have some flame throwers down there.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-26-2007 at 12:26 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can we do a run-off for this one, or would that take too long? We have all offseason...
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Can we do a run-off for this one, or would that take too long? We have all offseason...
    Well this poll runs through the end of today, so there is still time for something to happen. Right now though, Roenicke is leading so there is no need for a runoff at this point.

I propose that in the event a prospect receives less than 25% of the votes, a runoff vote will be held. All of those in favor, say, "B.J. Szymanski is a contact hitter."

The last three picks have been plurality choices. If there wasn't a runoff on those choices, there shouldn't be one here either. I think we all realize there will be a greater diversity of opinion as we move down the list.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Unless there's a dead heat there's no reason to have runoffs or revotes. Whoever has the most votes wins, simple enough.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The last three picks have been plurality choices. If there wasn't a runoff on those choices, there shouldn't be one here either. I think we all realize there will be a greater diversity of opinion as we move down the list.
    Oh, sure, leave it to a guy who voted for Roenicke to not want a runoff.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That's true enough, but in the last poll the difference between the first and second vote getters was 18 votes. As of right now, every person in this poll with the exception of Carlos Fisher is within 18 votes of Josh Roenicke.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    That's true enough, but in the last poll the difference between the first and second vote getters was 18 votes. As of right now, every person in this poll with the exception of Carlos Fisher is within 18 votes of Josh Roenicke.
    My guess is that a lot of these future polls will result in close votes among many candidates. The question is whether Doug and the rest want constant re-votes. I previously suggested run-offs but was persuaded that it will result in so many polls that the whole exercise will collapse.

Maybe if the top guys are tied or separated by one or, possibly, two votes there should be a re-vote. This one might wind up that close by the end, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    My guess is that a lot of these future polls will result in close votes among many candidates. The question is whether Doug and the rest want constant re-votes. I previously suggested run-offs but was persuaded that it will result in so many polls that the whole exercise will collapse.

Maybe if the top guys are tied or separated by one or, possibly, two votes there should be a re-vote. This one might wind up that close by the end, who knows.
    My criteria for the runoff is the leading vote-getter's percentage of the overall votes - Roenicke has just 24% - which is really low. A Runoff between the top 3 would result in a leading votegetter with at least 33%. However, this is more work for Doug - and I would bet on Roenicke remaining the leading vote getter anway so what would the extra work achieve?

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

My 8-10 guys are Wood, Mesoraco and Lotzkar. Now if I could just settle on an order.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I think unless we have guys finishing within 2 votes of eachother there is no need for a run off. While from this point forward I don't expect any 1 player to get a solid 50% of the vote, I expect someone to pull away from the rest of the guys a little bit. Right now, Roenicke has a 5 vote lead on Travis Wood and when we are talking 83 votes, that is 6% difference, which isn't exactly far apart, but not overly close either.

Turn Off Ads?