Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Whatifsports.com - Top 10 World Series Teams

Whatifsports.com - Top 10 World Series Teams

The #1 team? They agree with all of us, but the #7 was a surprise to me. Tell me what you think!

http://www.askmen.com/sports/fitness...ness_list.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Whatifsports.com - Top 10 World Series Teams

That is a major surprise to me.

The 1975 team was a lot better than the 1990 team. It's the same line-up as the 1976 team...the best team.

I love the 1990 team, lot of good memories, but Larkin is the only HOF'er on that team.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    The 1975 team was a lot better than the 1990 team. It's the same line-up as the 1976 team...the best team.

I love the 1990 team, lot of good memories, but Larkin is the only HOF'er on that team.
    I don't even know if Larkin is a Hall Of Famer. That team got it done on guts. In some ways I agree with that placment. I would argue, with how they were playing they could have beat probably any World Series team before them - except possibly those 6 in front of them.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I think what the poll is saying is just that...a one year team. No one in baseball could have beat the 1990 Reds, that team was on a mission to win, refused to lose and was destined for glory.

BTW Larkin is definitely a HOFer.

Can he be stopped?

I wish Rijo was HOF-worthy. If only his career had lasted longer.

Not to change the topic, but has anyone here ever tried the sim games at Whatifsports.com? I've been playing the college basketball sim for a couple of years now, a lot of fun.

A lot of similar evaluations over the years have come to the conclusion that the '76 Reds were, at the very least one of the 2 or 3 best teams in B'ball history. Look at the line-up. 3 HOfs, would have been 4 if not for Pete's ban, and argueably 5 (Davey, who re-invented SS). Don't understand why some of the griping posters to the article can't see that.

Keep in mind they are only talking about 1990.

Dibble, Norm and Myers aren't Hall of Famers either but collectively they were that year. The 76 Reds had the greatest line-up top to bottom, ever. The 90 Reds might of had the best bullpen ever.

Dibble: 98 innings, 134 Ks, 1.79 ERA, 8-3 record. 11 saves

Norm: 12-9 record, 16 starts and 40 relief appearances, 2.74 ERA, 2 saves.

Myers: 87 innings, 98 Ks, 2.08 ERA, 31 saves.

Turn Off Ads?