Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the Dolphins have a perfect 0-16 record

Can the Dolphins have a perfect 0-16 record

I just watched the end of the Steelers-Dolphins game tonight, and the Dolphins fulfilled their fate by losing the game 3-0. If they really had a chance to win a game this year, certainly it was tonight. I get the feeling fate is rewarding the 1972 unbeaten Dolphins team by celebrating every time a perfect team loses. It may very well be that this year the Dolphins get the worst of both worlds: the Patriots have a better unbeaten season and the Dolphins manage to play a winless season. They still have 6 games to avoid their fate however. I hope they win one and avoid going 0-16, but their behavior the last couple of years will generate very little sympathy from anyone if it manages to happen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Can the Dolphins have a perfect 0-16 record

Prediction: They Beat the Bengals just to add insult to injury in the last game of the season. Finishing with an astonisting 1-15 record.

It's possible, which is sad because they're not that bad of a football team.

I'd love to see them get their only win against the Patriots
    This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

I'm rooting for it, perfect regular season from both sides
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

As a lifelong Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, I can only pray.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

If I'm the Steelers, I am embarrassed the game was that close.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    Prediction: They Beat the Bengals just to add insult to injury in the last game of the season. Finishing with an astonisting 1-15 record.
    If they are still winless at that point, I as a Bengals fan am very nervous. As untalented as they are, the Dolphins will be a bit angry...they will be doing their mightiest to not lose that game.
    The Bengals, meanwhile, will have nothing to gain from the game and nothing to lose.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I only saw the final minutes of the game... but if the field was like that the whole time, I'm surprised anyone scored at all. That was a mess.

If you were a Steeler fan you might have actually watched the game. The Steelers have nothing to be embarrassed about.

That was the 6th time this season the Dolphins have lost by a field goal.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I only saw the final minutes of the game... but if the field was like that the whole time, I'm surprised anyone scored at all. That was a mess.
    Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see the game (work). Was it a mess?
    I kind of like those sloppy-field games.

They were playing in a swamp. Nobody should be embarrassed for not scoring in that. Plus, the Dolphins have now lost 6 of their games by only 3 points, they're not really as bad as their record. Football Outsiders has them ranked 25th, with 3.3 estimated wins. For contrast, they have SF ranked last, with 1.3 estimated wins.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

The field was a total mess. Probably the worst I have ever seen. The Steelers field is always in bad shape but this time there had been several high school and college games on the field recently so they decided to resod the field on Saturday. Heavy rains hit and the newly sodded field had no where to drain. In fact they had to puncture holes in the field just to try to get some water off the field. That team needs a new turf and they need to stop having that many games played on their field days before an NFL game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The field was a total mess. Probably the worst I have ever seen. The Steelers field is always in bad shape but this time there had been several high school and college games on the field recently so they decided to resod the field on Saturday. Heavy rains hit and the newly sodded field had no where to drain. In fact they had to puncture holes in the field just to try to get some water off the field. That team needs a new turf and they need to stop having that many games played on their field days before an NFL game.
    After the fit everyone pitched about the Bengals field a few years back, I'm surprised the NFL hasn't pressured Pittsburgh to move to Field Turf yet. The fields in Pittsburgh and Cleveland both get really sloppy at the end of the season, so much so that you start to worry about injuries. It will probably take a season ending injury to a star player before they make a change though.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

A punt came down and didn't bounce. It simply stuck right where it landed.

They laid the new sod on top of the old, so there was absolutely no drainage and it happened to pour down rain.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    A punt came down and didn't bounce. It simply stuck right where it landed.
    Yup. It was like a football-shaped lawn dart. My wife had to ask me why I was laughing so hard.

They laid the new sod on top of the old, so there was absolutely no drainage and it happened to pour down rain.
    It was beyond awful with the new sod layed over the old. That field has always been bad. I have no idea why they allow non-Steeler games to be played on it during the season.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Yup. It was like a football-shaped lawn dart. My wife had to ask me why I was laughing so hard.

It was beyond awful with the new sod layed over the old. That field has always been bad. I have no idea why they allow non-Steeler games to be played on it during the season.
    I think it was a requirement to get the taxpayers of Pittsburgh to pick up a considerable portion of the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Turn Off Ads?