Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ohio State - UNC

Re: Ohio State - UNC

My thoughts:

If Lawson played there is no way that game ends up 66-55. Lawson would have added about 7 possessions per team and that game would have been more like 74-62. He plays that fast.

OSU did a great job on the defensive end. Hunter is a very good shot blocker and Koufus moves his feet well and takes up a ton of space.

Diebler reminds me of former Syracuse guard Gerry McNamara. The range, the stroke - he is going to be a scorer.

The refs really let both sides play. Big Ten basketball can be tough to watch. Kinda like the WWE sometimes.

All in all, good game. Not as good as last year's classic, but tough, gritty game on both sides. Both teams left it all on the floor and thats all you can ask.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio State - UNC

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Matta needed to reign in Butler. He takes too many ill advised shots. They had no offensive scheme during their 10 minute drought. Hunter needs to rebound better. Koufus needs to be more assertive, rebound better, and needs to get a little quicker.

I think OSU will have a good team this year. The talent is there they just need avoid the 10 minutes scroeless streaks. They need a true point guard. They don't need a scoring point guard who looks for his shot first and to pass second.
    Butler is a smart player. I agree that last night he took a lot of bad shots, but that is not his MO. There is already a pattern developed with this team, and that is Butler is the only consistent offensive threat. So, I imagine after the Texas A&M thrashing, the reins were loosened. Last night, the Bucks, including Butler, were intimidated into rushing shots, which seemed legitimate since many shots were blocked or deflected anyhow.

On a different note, watching a highly regarded freshman class struggle early makes me realize even more how good Conley and Oden were as 18-19 year olds. They are in a class of their own, and it is only even more glaring as you watch mere mortal freshman go through growing pains.

Turn Off Ads?